Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I have read through probably most if not all ideas about how to create a campaign or "end game" to Shadows of Brimstone. I was curious if anyone has any other ideas or maybe some I missed, about how to have an "End Game" or Overall Goal to the game. Something simple.

I have played HexCrawl a lot and love it, however, my group has decided its too much for them at this time.

Currently we are just playing the base rules with a modified difficulty setting we created.

Rough Ideas such as:
Defeat a "boss" in every other world.
Play X amount of missions before you have to face the last mission which will be brutal enemies.
Collect X amount of Dark Stone
Play until the game is too hard, adding difficulty with each win.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if you are looking for something lite, Ruffian's system here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Alaimo
United States
North Royalton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, I have read through that and like the idea however he still has not included an end game. In its current state its open ended. I was looking for something more with an end game even if the basics of the game stay the same. The basics being, going to a mine, rolling for hazards, doing town stuff, then going back to a mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was currently trying to "cook Hexcralw down a bit", as I love the overall idea, but it just adds too much goodness of everything to the game (for my taste at least) to keep track of. I came up with a variant still heavily based on the Hexcrawl mine blast campaign which uses only two additional decks (Towns and mines) as well as the mine blast "overland darkness track". This variant is way more forgiving than the mine blast campaign (and some new options "borrowed" from Hexcrawl for your Camp Site visit), but still leaves the pressure to visit enough locations, seal certain mines and have a nice showdown at Brimstone (in addition to some certain kind of "persistent world" feeling). You will need the Frontier town expansion in order to play my variant, though...

If you are interested, please PM me (I didn't finish the rules in English so far, but if I knew there were folks interested in it as well I would put more effort in it to get it finished faster.

Best regards, Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen people on youTube do "mini-campaigns" where they just did all the scenarios in a base game box and then finished it up (I think) but he blow the mine mission. Problem solved for the local area in the short term.

Since both base games have some "standard" missions and then some alternate game world missions, you could then do Cynder or Trederra by just doing the standard missions and then the missions in the alternate world box.

You'd then have 4 mini campaigns which were reasonably short by HexCrawl standards. You could even omit some of the missions to shorten the campaign or lengthen it with a couple of in-town missions from Frontier Towns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's even a post on BGG where some great mind tried to wrap all missions published so far into one big story arc ...
(Sorry that I don't have the proper link at hand!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.