Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Signs of Carcosa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unique Assets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sorry if this is a stupid question as this is the first expansion I have bought since Forsaken Lore came out and it wasn't mentioned on the little rule sheet. I was wondering if the Unique Asset deck is shuffled at the start of the game like the other decks? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's randomized just like the rest of the decks. Even though you only ever search it for assets with specific attributes or names, you would still want to separate specific instances of cards with the same name, much like you do with conditions.

If you get more expansions with unique assets, you may find it helpful to sort it into different piles based on the attribute (most specifically relic, task, or unique character) and shuffle those. With just Signs of Carcosa, it's probably easiest to just shuffle all unique assets together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
vincentdante wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question as this is the first expansion I have bought since Forsaken Lore came out and it wasn't mentioned on the little rule sheet. I was wondering if the Unique Asset deck is shuffled at the start of the game like the other decks? Thanks.

Actually, this is covered in the rules for Signs of Carcosa. On the first page, under “Using This Expansion” in the third bullet it has: “Shuffle all Unique Assets to create the Unique Asset deck. Place this deck faceup near the Asset deck.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for the reply guys, I must have missed what that bullet point was saying or assumed it was talking about general assets at the time but that's my mistake. And I'll be sure to separate the same cards like Kenneth suggested, thanks for the tip. Thanks again both of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.