Subject: Promo stuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eva Wild
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Hello!

I am relatively new to the hobby. I wonder how/where can you usually get promos (except buying them on amazon/ebay)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
"It's all right up to the eyebrows, then it just goes haywire! Look at the eyebrows. These are attack eyebrows. You can take bottle tops off with these!"
badge
Trust your Doctor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the game and the publisher, but a large number of promos are available on BoardGameGeek's own store: http://boardgamegeekstore.com/

Others are only handed out at conventions, or only given to kickstarter backers, or sold through the publisher's website. I'd say look around, and if there's something specific that you're looking for and can't find, check the forums on BGG for that particular promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, start with boardgamegeek's store.

<----link is just over there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eva_Wild wrote:
Hello!

I am relatively new to the hobby. I wonder how/where can you usually get promos (except buying them on amazon/ebay)?

As already stated, Promos are dependent on what and where they are doing the promotion. Some are 'sweetners' to get higher donations during a Kickstarter campaign, some or promos included in a magazine to encourage you to subscribe, some are released at a convention to encourage you to go to the con and visit thier booth, a few are web exclusives to drive you to thier own website.

So, short answer, 'depends'.

As mentioned, many end up in aftermarket or BGG marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawn Gnome
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
Board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the Dixit promo cards you looking for are pretty hard to come by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.