• [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Turri
Switzerland
Neuchâtel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...yyyyeaahhh...

I'll be purchasing it on PC (to make sure I'll be able to replay the game in a few years) and I'll find "a way" to have it on Android too since using a tablet is more practical than my desktop pc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pleased at the price point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Although it depends on the scenario length / variability, that seems like a pretty reasonable amount to pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm guessing it's only $2.99 based on consumers buying it multiple times on different outlets for convenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This should realy be crossplatform like star realms is. Otherwise i'll be pissed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will it use any of the expansions or only the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
I'm guessing it's only $2.99 based on consumers buying it multiple times on different outlets for convenience.

I'm guessing you're wrong and that one purchase will unlock it for all devices.

VPaulus wrote:
Will it use any of the expansions or only the base game?

You know as much as we do... which is the above tweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I really hope the future scenarios are going to have more to them. I'm not very inclined to pay for scenarios like the two just released... and I'd have been incredibly pissed off if I didn't already have 1st edition and I paid upwards of $50 for the expansion boxes. Both of them disappointed me in different ways.

There's 3 possibilities here:

It's 1 scenario costing $2.99 (probably most likely)

It's more than 1 scenario costing $2.99 (nice)

It's more than one scenario costing $2.99 EACH.

If it's the latter especially I'm tentatively awaiting some progression and a higher level of ambition in the scenarios before I decide I want to continue buying into this game. I don't want to pay for 1 and done scenarios like 'Sentinel Hill'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
Logus Vile wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

Highly unlikely. Nothing else FFG works like this. Also doing this means creating third party keys/validation which is significant work and undermines the workflow of the respective platforms.

The fault mostly lies with Apple/Google/Valve for making this so hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

Highly unlikely. Nothing else FFG works like this. Also doing this means creating third party keys/validation which is significant work and undermines the workflow of the respective platforms.

I guess the easy answer to this is actually asking does Descent's app DLC need to be purchased for each device?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
BruceLGL wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

I guess the easy answer to this is actually asking does Descent's app DLC need to be purchased for each device?

There is no DLC for it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
BruceLGL wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
StarryAqua wrote:

There is no DLC for it yet.

Then I guess we won't know the answer to this question until they FFG reveals it. Star Realms pulled it off though, so I don't know why FFG wouldn't be able to as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
I really hope the future scenarios are going to have more to them. I'm not very inclined to pay for scenarios like the two just released... and I'd have been incredibly pissed off if I didn't already have 1st edition and I paid upwards of $50 for the expansion boxes. Both of them disappointed me in different ways.

If it's the latter especially I'm tentatively awaiting some progression and a higher level of ambition in the scenarios before I decide I want to continue buying into this game. I don't want to pay for 1 and done scenarios like 'Sentinel Hill'.

So... $3 for a 1-time scenario for you and a group of your friends that would likely take 2-3 hours is too expensive? Really???

$3 buys what... like HALF a lunch at a fast food joint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WarpedLord wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

So... $3 for a 1-time scenario for you and a group of your friends that would likely take 2-3 hours is too expensive? Really???

You're leaving out the $200 you've already paid for the physical content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
WarpedLord wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

I expected to get a response like this.

Firstly, you're misrepresenting what I said: I did not say it was too expensive. I realize that the sum in question is 'throw away' money in the 1st world, although that fact in itself is somewhat shameful. I said that for me to continue buying into this game I want to see development. The price is not the issue in itself; I have to decide I want to keep spending money on this game - whatever that amount may be. I don't want to spend money on product I did not feel satisfied with, even if some would consider 'well, I could just as easily have thrown money in a ditch and I live in a wealthy enough society to do that and not care so why not spend that same amount on anything? Who cares?' That, to me, is not the point.

I simply don't want to spend money on scenarios and not be happy with them afterwards. If I had spent money on the previous two (and luckily I already owned 1st edition) I would be FAR from that state of mind. To my mind they were lazy efforts.

The price is very reasonable IF the scenarios are good. THAT is where doubts arrive, in my opinion. It's more a commentary on the design direction of the game to date, than a commentary on the pricing.

By the way, I do not eat at 'fast food joints' and i could not think of a worse point of comparison even were my point actually about value, as to me those places are in the top 1% of zero value garbage one could choose to waste money on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
WarpedLord wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

If you are satisfied with 6 scenarios at $200 total, that comes to $33.33 per scenario. $3 per scenario is a steal by comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
WarpedLord wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

If you are satisfied with 6 scenarios at $200 total, that comes to $33.33 per scenario. $3 per scenario is a steal by comparison.

Nobody I've seen is satisfied with 6 scenarios for $200. People are buying the game based on the hope for more scenarios, since that's the precedent set by Descent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:

You don't need $200 worth of physical content. That was your choice to purchase shake.

I own the base game only and am very pleased to see a $2.99 price point for DLC scenario content. I hope they continue this trend! Will happily purchase scenarios at that price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

You don't need $200 worth of physical content. That was your choice to purchase shake.

I own the base game only and am very pleased to see a $2.99 price point for DLC scenario content. I hope they continue this trend! Will happily purchase scenarios at that price point.

You know for a fact that the DLC scenarios won't require the expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For this price I would buy any new scenario for MoM2, no matter how poorly designed it might be. Considering price of base game, 2.99 per new scenario is a bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
amodman wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

You know for a fact that the DLC scenarios won't require the expansions?

I know for a fact Asmodee isn't stupid... and that would be stupid. I'm not saying scenarios requiring the figure and tile packs won't come at some point down the road... but for the very first scenario(s) they release? That seems really, really unlikely. They sure as hell better incorporate them for map variants, though!

I also didn't spend $200 on the game (I paid $75 for the game, and already had the 1E stuff). Even if I had though, as an educated consumer I would have done so knowing what I was getting for that price, which was a bunch of miniatures, tiles, cards, and tokens... and yeah, six scenarios. If you personally didn't feel like that content was worth the money, you shouldn't have made the purchase.

Whatever they release from this point forward is separate from that. I don't expect to be given everything for free... and "first world" or not (I know, not your words...), it's ridiculous to be complaining about $3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
WarpedLord wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

I expected to get a response like this.

Firstly, you're misrepresenting what I said: I did not say it was too expensive. I realize that the sum in question is 'throw away' money in the 1st world, although that fact in itself is somewhat shameful. I said that for me to continue buying into this game I want to see development. The price is not the issue in itself; I have to decide I want to keep spending money on this game - whatever that amount may be. I don't want to spend money on product I did not feel satisfied with, even if some would consider 'well, I could just as easily have thrown money in a ditch and I live in a wealthy enough society to do that and not care so why not spend that same amount on anything? Who cares?' That, to me, is not the point.

I simply don't want to spend money on scenarios and not be happy with them afterwards. If I had spent money on the previous two (and luckily I already owned 1st edition) I would be FAR from that state of mind. To my mind they were lazy efforts.

The price is very reasonable IF the scenarios are good. THAT is where doubts arrive, in my opinion. It's more a commentary on the design direction of the game to date, than a commentary on the pricing.

By the way, I do not eat at 'fast food joints' and i could not think of a worse point of comparison even were my point actually about value, as to me those places are in the top 1% of zero value garbage one could choose to waste money on.

Frankly, you should have expected the response... because it was warranted.

Are you sitting at home, on a computer you own using internet you pay for... probably within reach of a cell phone that you pay a hefty monthly bill for? Ever go to a movie? Do you own any movies? Hell, do you own any board games or video games or other "frivolous" things?

Then kindly skip the snobbish "1st world", "I don't buy fast food and throw my money away" lecture garbage, please. We're on BGG arguing about fricking board games of all things... that is about as "1st world" as you can get.

Edit: This post came across waaaay more confrontational that I intended (which I apologize for), but the whole "1st world problems" thing sets me off every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
SpoDaddy wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
WarpedLord wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

Nobody I've seen is satisfied with 6 scenarios for $200. People are buying the game based on the hope for more scenarios, since that's the precedent set by Descent.

Then everyone is stupid. I spent $100 on the base game and was happy to get four scenarios and knew there was every chance (if the game flopped) that there would never be any more. If you weren't going to be happy until more scenarios were out then, well you'd just wait to see if more scenarios came out, surely?

My actual concern with this is the price is too low. I expect to just get another average scenario like the recent two released. I'd rather $5/6 and them make something really special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the purchase because I loved the game and wanted to support it, which increases the odds of getting more scenarios. If everyone waited to buy until more scenarios came out then the game would fail, ensuring no more scenarios. If most people suspected this game was finished at 4 scenarios I highly doubt they'd have bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.