Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After I got MoM 2nd and saw the horrific state of the minis and the bases I sent a request to Asmodee to complain about their shoddy components and to say that when they had completely recast the components, I would need new bases (since all of mine were either broken or warped) and a new set of tokens (since putting them in the warped bases ruined them.

Today, over two months later, I finally got the replacements: another sack of miniatures. No tokens. No bases. I even told them I didn't want new minis because I could make due with the crappy ones.

They didn't even bother to read the request. Just slapped a bag in a box and mailed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lane
United States
Castle Pines
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my MoM this week and 1/2 my miniature's feet pegs were misshapen and don't fit in the bases. I don't know whether to try to sand them to fit or cut them off and try to glue the minis to the bases.

Very disappointed with the component quality of my $100 purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a feeling their customer service would go to shit when Asmodee took over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Funny, I've had quite a few positive experiences with them (even since Asmodee took over).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claggie wrote:
I just opened my MoM this week and 1/2 my miniature's feet pegs were misshapen and don't fit in the bases. I don't know whether to try to sand them to fit or cut them off and try to glue the minis to the bases.

Very disappointed with the component quality of my $100 purchase.

Gluing is recommended no-matter-what, even if the pegs seem to fit well.

This was true of the premium figures (they obviously come glued -- and actually often require some trimming with an x-acto knife, actually), and the 1st edition figures (which are actually the same quality and era of molding).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still very happy with the customer service after Asmodee has taken over. They still have the request for missing/broken components, and both times I have used it in the last couple months I've gotten the replacement components in just a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Lauer
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also had a positive experience with them replacing the correct pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like they may have misunderstood your request (sending a complete bag of replacement minis seems to me like a pretty clear attempt to make a customer happy). Mix-ups happen; I'm always bemused at how quick to anger people are about them. Perhaps send a follow-up note explaining the mixup before you bash them on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Descent 2e a month or so ago. One of the spider figures was missing it's plastic base. I filled in a replacement request on their website. Within a week, I received a small box with a new spider in it, mailed first class international from the USA to the UK.

A small example, I know, but still good customer service. Not all game companies would respond to such a minor request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've also had positive experiences with their Customer Service, even after the ANA switch. They were quick to send me some replacement parts for my Mysterium cards, even though the damages were my (or rather my friend's) fault.

A friend spilled her drink on them; I emailed in asking if I could buy the replacement cards. But Customer Service just sent me the ones I needed at no cost. It took a few weeks, but you can't complain about free...

It sounds like they probably didn't quite understand what you were getting at in your email. Can't fault an entire company for a single worker's mistake... You should contact them and explain. Trying to spark a witch hunt on BGG isn't going to get you your replacements...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that, i have placed several requests with them lately and all have been handled really well and really quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One time my cat stole and hid the dice for Rune Age. I told them the story and they sent me a replacement dice at no cost to me.

I did later find the dice under the fridge, if anyone was wondering laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently lost my Dunwich Horror token for Arkham Horror. I sent a request for a replacement, but they sent me the Dunwich Horror cards instead. I sent them a follow up email pointing out that they had sent me the wrong piece and within a week I had a brand new token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Sounds like they may have misunderstood your request (sending a complete bag of replacement minis seems to me like a pretty clear attempt to make a customer happy). Mix-ups happen; I'm always bemused at how quick to anger people are about them. Perhaps send a follow-up note explaining the mixup before you bash them on BGG.

Agreed. This situation sounds suspiciously like they really tried to make things right by you, but somehow communication was not clear.

I made everything work with my minis (no glue) except two cultist figures. I received the cultists within a week of asking for new ones. No photo evidence was required. I simply said that the two figures would not fit snugly in their stands and that I needed two new ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Magic Pink wrote:
After I got MoM 2nd and saw the horrific state of the minis and the bases I sent a request to Asmodee to complain about their shoddy components and to say that when they had completely recast the components, I would need new bases (since all of mine were either broken or warped) and a new set of tokens (since putting them in the warped bases ruined them.

Today, over two months later, I finally got the replacements: another sack of miniatures. No tokens. No bases. I even told them I didn't want new minis because I could make due with the crappy ones.

They didn't even bother to read the request. Just slapped a bag in a box and mailed it.

It's still on the first printing and you said you wanted to wait until the components had been recast. Perhaps they will follow up with those later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Red Hill
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is seen as irrelevant, but how's best to ask for new stuff that was damaged/broken in your copy?

I've decided solely to use the chits for the monsters so the game takes up less space, but mainly as the bases supplied were so awful, and several models didn't fit in their stands due to:
a) A Star Spawn's pegs not matching up with the holes in the base at all (weird)
b) The pegs were barely there on the feet of some of the models (and some of the models were outright broken)
c) Some figures were clearly going to break as I tried to fit them in the stands

I've considered asking FF for spare parts before, but have been wary given I'm not sure of the best measure to do it given I'm not in the Americas or Europe.

Best to email with a photo/scan of the proof of purchase and hope for a response?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:

No. It was a very clear request and they had two months to read it. They failed, miserably,doubly so since they approved these ridiculously shoddy components in the first place.

Maybe you should stop trying to be an apologist for them instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
OsirisSaline wrote:
Sorry if this is seen as irrelevant, but how's best to ask for new stuff that was damaged/broken in your copy?

I've decided solely to use the chits for the monsters so the game takes up less space, but mainly as the bases supplied were so awful, and several models didn't fit in their stands due to:
a) A Star Spawn's pegs not matching up with the holes in the base at all (weird)
b) The pegs were barely there on the feet of some of the models (and some of the models were outright broken)
c) Some figures were clearly going to break as I tried to fit them in the stands

I've considered asking FF for spare parts before, but have been wary given I'm not sure of the best measure to do it given I'm not in the Americas or Europe.

Best to email with a photo/scan of the proof of purchase and hope for a response?

Yep, fill out the form on their website and see how it goes. No harm in trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:

No. It was a very clear request and they had two months to read it. They failed, miserably,doubly so since they approved these ridiculously shoddy components in the first place.

From your tone in this thread, it seems likely that your request to FFG was phrased in an unpleasant and officious way, which is unlikely to have increased the chance of you receiving what you wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Magic Pink wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:

But your request clearly said "don't send me anything until the components have been recast". That's not happened yet. It might never happen. So arguably if they followed your request to the letter they should have not sent anything. So I'd say they did a fair job listening to you for two months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a compliant to them as well. My initial complaint was the cardboard tokens are nearly impossible to get into the black bases. I also mentioned the issue with the minis. I left my email off with "Are there any plans to fix this?" I was not looking for anything, other than "Yep we are aware of the issue and looking to fix it in the future." As someone mentioned above, there is nothing they can do right now as everything has been printed. Then, just this weekend, I got package from them with new bases and all new cardboard components (tiles and everything, as its all packaged together). Although I'm grateful for their attempt to keep me happy, all I was really looking for was them acknowledging the problem and they hope to fix it.

Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bases are terrible. I know it's a project, but rebasing them is such a better plan. With the app, the tiles and the whole functionality of the base is completely useless.

That said, I have tons of extra bases sitting around, if people want them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellicon wrote:

I'll have to take your word on its clarity; regardless, I didn't call the clarity of your message into question, only the accuracy with which it was read and responded to. I don't know how you think customer service operations work, but I doubt more than one person read your message, or more than once. Whoever read it likely flagged it incorrectly as "needs replacement figures" and it took a while for replacements to come in and/or for it to work through the system.

I speak in defense of FFG because I have had many satisfactory experiences with their customer service. It's too bad this hasn't been one for you. I have only my personal experience to go on, and experience in matters of internal company error, which are unfortunate but inevitable. If that makes me an apologist, so be it. Whether or not it does, your conduct does you no credit, and calling the company out in public without following up with THEM on your complaint first seems premature. Good luck in your future dealings with, well, anyone, if this is your habit.

chewie456 wrote:
Although I'm grateful for their attempt to keep me happy, all I was really looking for was them acknowledging the problem and they hope to fix it.

Speaking from experience, publishers of any printed matter will be hesitant to promise changes to a future printing of a product that may or may not ever occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chewie456 wrote:
I sent a compliant to them as well. My initial complaint was the cardboard tokens are nearly impossible to get into the black bases. I also mentioned the issue with the minis. I left my email off with "Are there any plans to fix this?" I was not looking for anything, other than "Yep we are aware of the issue and looking to fix it in the future." As someone mentioned above, there is nothing they can do right now as everything has been printed. Then, just this weekend, I got package from them with new bases and all new cardboard components (tiles and everything, as its all packaged together). Although I'm grateful for their attempt to keep me happy, all I was really looking for was them acknowledging the problem and they hope to fix it.

Just my two cents.

So you tried twisting a low paid customer service rep's arm into releasing a statement about future component quality plans that they have no authority, capacity, or ability to release? And then you think they did the wrong thing by sending you a full replacement set of components?

I just don't get you people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, to finally close this out-

As of today I'm sitting on FOUR packages from Asmodee in an effort to replace my broken bases and ruined tokens. Instead I have FOUR bags of minis... and, finally today, ONE new sheet of tokens and bag of bases (after, if you'll recall, repeatedly requesting to NOT get any replacement minis)

Every time I was told my request was switched up with someone else's.

And for those keeping score at home, all the minis have been sent back to Asmodee on my dime.

So yeah, the service sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.