7 Posts

Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: US Bot WoI in Muslim with DRM >= 0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got questions on the "US Bot WoI in Muslim with DRM >= 0?" box. Right now, the US has no Poor or Fair Muslim countries where a WoI could take place, since they are adversaries. He's got a 3-ops card he could play.

1) Would the US Bot test an unmarked Muslim country and do a WoI?
2) If so, would he use the "WoI Muslim" column of the Priorities Table to determine which one?

Right now the bot has a killer chance to put the game away, so it wouldn't be prudent to skip a chance to get another Muslim country to Good.

Thanks,

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Lovell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question, and it looks like the last bullet in "13.4.3 Where?" may (somewhat indirectly) answer it:

Quote:
The PAR and OpP flowcharts may direct the US Bot to attempt
a WOI Operation in an Unmarked Muslim country. In this situation,
if the US Bot has less than three Ops + Reserves available,
the Unmarked country is not considered a viable target and the
US Bot will thus select the marked Muslim country with highest
priority

So, in your case I think that's a yes for both your questions 1) and 2). It also seems to suggest that an unmarked Muslim country could possibly take precedence over a country that's already marked Poor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's exactly the section of the rules that led me to consider it was possible. I ended up playing it that way last night, and it felt right at the time, even if if we eventually find out I should have skipped to the next step in the flowchart. I ended up winning as the jihadists, but only because late in the game I mistakenly missed an opportunity for the US to reassess, and then do a regime change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Craig and Dale,

Dale is correct, an unmarked Muslim country can be the target for WOI. It sounds like Craig played it correctly. In this scenario, the WOI Priorities Table would be used to select among candidates. Keep in mind, unmarked countries cannot have Awakening or Reaction markers, but they may have Aid, which would give them priority due to the DRM.

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam,

A follow up question for you. I have zero DRM for GWOT and Prestige. Say when I hit that box I have only countries with a -1 DRM (Fair allies), but several unmarked Muslim counties and 3 OPs to spend. Would I still go with an unmarked country, or skip to the next box?

Thanks,

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Craig,

In that situation, the bot would opt for WOI in an unmarked Muslim country. If one or more of those have an Aid marker, select among those. If none do, use the WOI Priorities Table to select the target among all unmarked.

If the bot only had 2 Ops, it would answer No to the box and continue on.

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I have probably misplayed this several times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.