Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've been playing this solo. It certainly loses some luster when you don't have any other strategies other than your own. I try to do the best I can for each team. I think of it as a team race and not an individual race until the last lap then all bets are off.

Oh and I don't use the NPC cars. I don't like the philosophy behind using them. Just seems to me like it is a eurotrash gimick and not a racing feature. I would much rather use my cars/teams superior tactics to win instead of blocking others with NPC's.

So I setup all 12 teams based on last race's finish. Then go. Each team of two cars gets 3 cards to pick from.

Occasionally I get into a tough spot where no matter what I want to do I will advantage another team. Also, games take longer to play. I've been overthinking my latest race and so far it has taken me close to 2 hours to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hards
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this Thunder Alley Solo variant work?
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/51529/driving-alone-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
khards wrote:
Would this Thunder Alley Solo variant work?
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/51529/driving-alone-i...

Thank you for posting this. I like it.

I play in a similar fashion. I use all 12 teams, two of the teams only have 1 car entered to make up the 22 car field. No NPC cars.

I draw 3 cards for each team.
Use 1 card then move to the next team. Do this for all teams.
Then draw and play the next card for the team and discard remaining card.

So per the rules each team gets 3 cards. Sometimes the cards are good other times they are all bad choices. Other times I have to decided which car is going to take the major wear marker by which card I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skipper 2206
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a good way to play solo.

I really want to do a championship with all tracks (including all the "road" tracks from Thunder Alley and track pack)
I want to use the real names for teams and pilots so i manage to play solo with 10 teams !
So 3 cards per team and try to forgot other cards for each team.

But i want to advantage the "top teams"... So maybe these teams will have 4 cards.. don't know.. still thinking..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.