Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this thread someone from Lookout said he hoped to have the rules up by the first day of Essen: Rules and solo play.

And on their facebook Lookout said when asked that the rules would be available on 12 October at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little taste!

http://lookout-spiele.de/wp-content/uploads/The-Colonists-In...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Andreasi Bassi
Italy
Forli
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
MERKNERA
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet studied...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sorry but the company must have printed the rule book long before now, Essen is only a few days away and no rules, at this stage the introductory guide is just not good enough.
It only takes a few minutes to upload the rulebook to BGG. Many of us are starting our travels to Essen soon and the ability to download and review the rule book is severely limited once travel starts.
I will probably be removing this game from my must buy list as I cannot justify spending this much on a big box game while the rules are sight unseen at this late stage.
Shame really-I might have liked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Catchpole
Australia
Ashfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not actually true. CGE has said in the past that the rulebook is the last thing printed. That it's done in the days leading up to Essen, at the last possible time sometimes, so that they can get it as perfect as possible.

That said, I can't fault you for wanting to see the rules beforehand. You will be able to get it later of course, and probably cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is indeed the last thing printed, but you are right that once the files are done and sent to the printers, the pdf should be uploaded to BGG IMO. And at this stage, I can't believe the rules haven't gone to the printers yet, so I hope they appear soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
The rulebook is indeed the last thing printed, but you are right that once the files are done and sent to the printers, the pdf should be uploaded to BGG IMO. And at this stage, I can't believe the rules haven't gone to the printers yet, so I hope they appear soon.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
honestly i do not understand this reticence to post the rules, since it's obvious that they are ready with 2 days from the start of Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Janning
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Because for some people its a easy way to decide, is it a game to buy or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ85 wrote:
Because for some people its a easy way to decide, is it a game to buy or not
Absolutely. A lot of people (most people I know) who are going to Essen want to see the rules of the game beforehand to read through them and know if it is the kind of game they will like.

I know a lot of people who, if they dont see the rules, they just skip the game and go for others instead. This is not just opinion, this is fact, people do that (including me).

So, to not put the rules online when they are done just seems really odd.

But, I leave for Essen today, and its too late now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Kaul
msg tools
Would be nice indeed. The introductory game sounds ok, but nevertheless quite a bit"have played this around 50 times before". Thats not bad, i like the mechanism, but only the whole mechanics/campaign/long rules could make me buy this for quite a lot of money.
And you cannot try it in Essen, it would take too long and there are no spaces, or only 1 table, at Lookouts booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainGen wrote:

And you cannot try it in Essen, it would take too long and there are no spaces, or only 1 table, at Lookouts booth.

How do you know that they won't have spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lookout in the past have always had a small booth, no demo tables, just a booth selling games. That may be different this year, as they appear to be with Mayfair in Hall 1, so they may have a bigger area and demo tables. Who knows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doesn't matter to me anymore as it is off my list now, a real shame. We cannot help but be suspicious when there is no rule book.
When done right the revealing of the rule book can create a huge buzz around a game, just look at the way the gradual reveal of the 'Railroad Revolution' rules by Paul excited us all to the potential of that game.
That is how it can be done correctly, this is just a mess and a disappointment now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Kleppe
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's wait one more day. It is now tuesday night. Essen starts thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
joostkleppe wrote:
Let's wait one more day. It is now tuesday night. Essen starts thursday.
not for me. I'm there all day tomorrow in meetings, and I know a lot of people are travelling today and tomorrow. So, for all of those who wanted to know more about this game beforehand, they now cannot, which will hurt sales of the game at Essen. Whether the publisher sees this as a problem or not is up to them, but if I had the rules at the weekend, I could have read them today and made a decision. So, I'll have to pass too, which could be a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Janning
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
The rules are online:
http://lookout-spiele.de/downloads/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Kleppe
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurray!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Kleppe
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is funny: at first glance the game looked to me as un-original to the extreme. shake It starts with that over-used word as a title, and the first impression of the introductory rules is that someone re-invented Le Havre, with only a slightly different good-collecting mechanism.

BUT then it also feels like something could really 'click' in this game. As a player you could get a sense of really developing something great. And the 'action-move' mechanism could actually work. The scope of the game is impressive, 4 era's and lots of cards and possibilities.

It could also be a too heavy and too long brain-burner for me. (Eg. Fast Food Chain is not my thing.) But I am curious and impressed by the amount of work and passion that obviously went into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Janning
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
There are no rules for the soloplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben
Netherlands
flag msg tools
DJ85 wrote:

Does this mean that there are no rukes for solo play, and the entry in BGG is wrong and should say 2-4 or, will they be provided later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartłomiej Prędki
Poland
Kamionki
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules are finally available on Lookout website - English and German, both with appendix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
predki wrote:
Rules are finally available on Lookout website - English and German, both with appendix.

Look a few posts above yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Pobuda
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ85 wrote:

Rule book, page 1: Everything in this rule book applies to all numbers of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.