Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talon Amores
United States
West Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got around to buying physical copies of both AE titles. I don't think I'll be able to delve into them for a while thanks to college, but I just wanted to ask: anyone around that still plays the game? What ever happened to the Expansion Kit? I also heard there was an "upgrade kit" for Dai Senso but I don't know what that entails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tham
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Best game ever!
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still playing AETK. I just started on my 4th game this year. 3 of them have been by Vassal.

There is more activity on the consimworld forums for AE.

The expansion is still in testing I believe. It includes detail naval stuff and probably the official fixes for AEDS and AETK Stalin Line.

Happy Gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
UN Spacy wrote:
I just got around to buying physical copies of both AE titles. I don't think I'll be able to delve into them for a while thanks to college, but I just wanted to ask: anyone around that still plays the game? What ever happened to the Expansion Kit? I also heard there was an "upgrade kit" for Dai Senso but I don't know what that entails.

This is still by far my favorite Grand Stategy WWII we have played 7 full games 3 of which we played both Totaler Krieg and Dai Senso.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Márquez Linares
Spain
Granada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have played two games in the last year and AE is still one of my favorite simulations, and my game of choice for WW2 grand strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Been playing both titles PBEM many times. Still making mistakes though, (lol) Some via rules and others via my poor HQ staff.
Favourite WW2 Strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talon Amores
United States
West Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chriswtham wrote:
I'm still playing AETK. I just started on my 4th game this year. 3 of them have been by Vassal.

There is more activity on the consimworld forums for AE.

The expansion is still in testing I believe. It includes detail naval stuff and probably the official fixes for AEDS and AETK Stalin Line.

Happy Gaming!

I tried going to consimworld, MAN is it a hassle to navigate. Community looks cool though!

This game seems a bit intimidating to get into. How difficult/complicated is it to play in practice? What are some rules that folks seem to easily forget?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.