$20.00
$15.00
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
First of all gotta say, this guy (if guilty) should be punished. That said, there's something chilling about the borrowed hate in this petition;

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/publicly-hang-benj...

Quote:

Publicly hang Benjamin Taylor
Created by J.R. on October 05, 2016

On Oct 4, 2016, it was reported that Benjamin Taylor, of Cottageville Wv, sexually assaulted a 9 month old baby girl. As of the time of this petitions creation, the baby was pronounced brain dead as a result. Prison is too good for child rapists and their ilk. I would move to say that our "justice system" is even a part of the problem, in that incarceration is hardly justice when it comes to such an awful act. Maybe if these people were actually afraid of what would happen to them if/when they were caught, they'd be less likely to do such vile things? When it's an open and shut case such as this, let us hang these creatures publicly. Let us make examples of them, and allow the American people to attend these hangings so that the accused may be ridiculed, as they should be.

Note that this was 'reported' a day ago and there's no time for a trial or anything else, but they're calling for him to be PUBLICLY HUNG AND RIDICULED like it's a goddamn lynch mob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
windsagio wrote:
Note that this was 'reported' a day ago and there's no time for a trial or anything else, but they're calling for him to be PUBLICLY HUNG AND RIDICULED like it's a goddamn lynch mob.
Welcome to the mind of a Trump voter. They are pissed off right now, and due process be damned, this calls for public blood. Then they start fighting over what method of public execution will be the goriest, and thus make them out to be the "tough on crime" winner.

"Well, golly, I would gouge his eyes out!"
"Well, sheeeeiit, that'd be too good for this rascal! I would burn his balls off and dunk his penis in boiling oil!"
"Well hell, I would jam red hot pokers in his eyeballs and then cut his ears off. You know... for the kids!"

Dragging us all back a few hundred years is part of their party platform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
That anger is completely justified if he's guilty. That's fucking disgusting and there's no place for him in society.

it's a shame that there isn't some sort of system of some kind in place to deal with people who commit horrible offenses, to make sure they are treated justly

we could name it

I dunno

the biminal justice system

I think it has a ring to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with someone who literally raped a baby to death being executed.

The writer did say the case was "open and shut." Was there reason to disagree? Was the accused convicted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
I'm fine with someone who literally raped a baby to death being executed.

The writer did say the case was "open and shut." Was there reason to disagree? Was the accused convicted?

Not in the 1 day between the guy getting reported and the petition going up he didn't.

Anyways, it's not so much the calls for execution that's so over the top (although, again, people love their bloodlust), it's the cries for a public pillory style execution where we mock the body.

What does that serve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
That anger is completely justified if he's guilty. That's fucking disgusting and there's no place for him in society.

even as a prison bitch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

The writer did say the case was "open and shut."

Not defending this guy (I don't know anything about it), but prosecutors (almost) always say they have an open and shut case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Not defending this guy (I don't know anything about it), but prosecutors (almost) always say they have an open and shut case...

Please note that the next thing I wrote -- "Was there reason to disagree? Was the accused convicted?" -- was not rhetorical.

Due process is important and the witch hunt trend is legitimately scary.

I'm just not sure this is one of those times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Please note that the next thing I wrote -- "Was there reason to disagree? Was the accused convicted?" -- was not rhetorical. :)

I want to reiterate, it was ONE DAY from the crime happening to the petition. There's no way any due process could have happened.

This is absolutely a case of lynch mob logic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
windsagio wrote:

And how can we justify a public hanging if we can't even deport Bieber?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
And will not do what the petition says it does because anyone capable of such as act is not thinking normally, they are mentally ill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/family-pay-tribute-s...

So for a start according to this the baby was 10 months old, so forgive me for not trusting a petition that cannot get it's facts right.

So why not wait until we know the facts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Terwox wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Please note that the next thing I wrote -- "Was there reason to disagree? Was the accused convicted?" -- was not rhetorical.

I want to reiterate, it was ONE DAY from the crime happening to the petition. There's no way any due process could have happened.

Excellent. My stomach turned when I read about the case and I didn't want to look into it much.

Details matter.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Terwox wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Terwox wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Excellent. My stomach turned when I read about the case and I didn't want to look into it much.

Details matter.

Thanks!

It was reported on the day prior. No telling what that means. Did it happen weeks before and the police are just releasing details?

Even so. Not enough time for the system to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.