$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a heads up to everyone that I've noticed what appears to be a small change in the condition of Amazon's warehouse deals.

As always, warehouse deals are an iffy proposition, but I think they've gotten a little worse.

Previously most games listed as "Like New" generally (but not always) had little to no noticeable marks or damage on the game.

However, now I notice that many of their games listed as "Like New" also add that "packaging is damaged" which previously was only used for "Very Good" rated games.

I received a game recently that had a little more damage than I expected from a "like new" game and when I went back to the listing I realized it had listed the condition as "packaging is damaged". My bad for not seeing it the first time, but this has not usually been the case for this rating.

Anyhow, YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Its always been ymmv. I got a like new game with pieces taken out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I don't think this is new at all. It's a judgement call on the part of whoever made the entry about how important the box is to the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always been hit or miss. Recently sent something back because it looked like it had been sledge hammered. Box was taped, inner box corners were completely ripped, boards crunched. Like new...

I've also gotten something for free because of damaged components and something else in great condition. So, yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea my like new was basically the shrink was off no dents, components sealed.

just had like 4 stickers saying inspected by amazon all over the back of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Turnbaugh
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had the same problem recently. Ordered a game that said all the parts were there and box might be damaged. Box was fine but it was missing multiple pieces (10+) as well as the instructions. I was able to return it but wouldn't trust ordering from warehouse again.

I didn't care if box took some damage if the game was still playable. I would also be willing to try to get replacement parts from the manufacturer but this was just too many too try to ask for.

The rating system was way off on this one and completely inaccurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Just a heads up to everyone that I've noticed what appears to be a small change in the condition of Amazon's warehouse deals.

As always, warehouse deals are an iffy proposition, but I think they've gotten a little worse.

Previously most games listed as "Like New" generally (but not always) had little to no noticeable marks or damage on the game.

However, now I notice that many of their games listed as "Like New" also add that "packaging is damaged" which previously was only used for "Very Good" rated games.

I received a game recently that had a little more damage than I expected from a "like new" game and when I went back to the listing I realized it had listed the condition as "packaging is damaged". My bad for not seeing it the first time, but this has not usually been the case for this rating.

Anyhow, YMMV.

For the discount, I just roll the dice and accept whatever comes my way. If the components aren't damaged, I'm OK with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia S
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a "packaging is damaged" game once and by damaged Amazon meant that it completely gone. All the pieces, rule books, but there was no box at all. I made a note not to try that again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.