Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here at home amongst the wet but green hills in south Wales, fingers are tapping on the table with quiet but insistent anticipation tinged with a degree of impatience.

Whilst the humble abode is home to a slew of great games that scream to be played day-in and day-out, the gaming child within laments the wait forced on him by the interminable delays that sometimes seem shrouded in mystery.

He wonders whether fellow BGGers have placed pre-orders for highly anticipated games but who, like he, have no clear indication of when they will arrive?

Lost in thoughts of melancholy, he gazes across the gaming table he is seated at. Interlocking tiles from Descent 2e at one end, from Imperial Assault at the other, all beckon him seductively. Heroes and Monsters wait patiently to be brought into action, Hans Solo, Chewie, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader himself stand ready, light sabers itching.

And yet, his thoughts remain embedded in the guagmire of his impatience and anticipation.

"When will the XCOM: Evolution, Star Wars Imperial Assault: Jabba's Realm and War of the Ring 2e:Warriors of Middle-earth expansions reach these misty shores?"

"Will I see the postie bearing Star Trek Ascendancy from GaleForce 9 and Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island from Portal Games before Christmas? Or is the only gale force I will see courtesy of the Welsh weather? Have I got more chance of discovering a portal to another dimension than of pitting my wits against death and survival on a desert island?"

"If Star Trek Ascendancy doesn't seem to be able to find a stable geo-stationary orbit in the UK, what is the chance of the arrival of the Cardassians and the Ferengi by Christmas?"

"Should I place my faith in Upper Deck and their ability to deliver the Legendary Encounters:Alien expansion over the next couple of months or should I accept the doom-laden pronouncements of those BGGers amongst us who point to a wait until 2017?"

"Will Ares Games keep their promise that War of the Ring 2e:Lords of Middle-earth is being reprinted next month?"

While his tablet screen shows the alluring glow of the Road to Legend app shimmering in the darkened room, immersed in his thoughts, he is unaware of movement on the far reaches of the table. Splig turns to his lackeys and exclaims "I sure wish this turkey would boot up our game. What does he expect? He's wishing for nothing but delivery of pre-orders here. He wants his pre-orders and he wants them now? With his tactical acumen, we'll walk all over his motley band of heroes!"

In the background, music plays ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFo68-L9vI

I am waiting, I am waiting (oh yeah, oh yeah)
I am waiting, I am waiting (oh yeah, oh yeah)
Waiting for some game to come out of somewhere
Waiting for just one to come out of somewhere

Can I hold out, can I hold out?
Oh yeah, oh yeah
I can't hold out, I can't hold out
Oh no, oh no

See it come along and
Don't know where it's from
Oh, yes I will find out

Well, it happens all the time
It's censored from our minds
When will I find out?

Slow or fast, slow or fast?
Oh yeah, oh yeah
End at last, end at last?
Oh yeah, oh yeah

(BGG choir)
Stand up the rest of the coming year
Amid our escalating fears
Oh, yes…
Well, like a withered stone
Such fears pierce our bones
We will find out

Oh we're waiting, oh we're waiting
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Waiting for our games to come out of somewhere
Waiting for our games to come out of somewhere
Oh we're waiting, oh we're waiting...

An evil grin lurched across Splig's face as he tightened his grip on his axe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackmeeple wrote:

LOL.

(Actually, I was quite sober ... just bored and wondering why I had spent all my game money on pre-orders with no real idea of when they may arrive.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foe Hunters is the only preorder I'm waiting on, and on Sept 29th, the designer/publisher said that their international fulfillment partner received their games and that they'll start shipping about a week later.
I don't even know if that applies to me though, since I preordered it on their site rather than taking part in the kickstarter (I was aware of it only several months after the campaign ended.)

I've only had one preorder before that, which was Pixel Tactics Deluxe, a late pledge on kickstarter. It was about a year's wait after the project ended if I recall correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Waiting for Mechs vs. Minions made all the worse by the fact that they take no preorders and if I happen to be on the internet too late on the 13th, I'll have to wait till Chrismas.

Also cannot decide whether to get some of Inis,Cry Havoc, Terraforming Mars, A Feast for Odin in Essen or wait because Essen tends to be overpriced

Meanwhile I've played Scythe 20x in two months so I probably don't even need any of those... :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting on a whole slew of pre-orders.

Star Trek Ascendancy's release date in the UK is shrouded in mystery. That goes for the two expansions as well.

The only clue I have with Robinson Crusoe is that it will be available for distribution in the UK "sometime after Essen 2016".

Warriors of Middle-earth is likewise unknown. Some sites have had copies but sold out, others have it for pre-order.

The only ones on my hit list that I have an idea about are the FFG's - Jabba's Realm, XCOM:Evolution, Dunwich Horror.

To make my self-inflicted wait worse, I'm on the verge of (maybe) pre-ordering Doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:
blackmeeple wrote:

LOL.

(Actually, I was quite sober ... just bored and wondering why I had spent all my game money on pre-orders with no real idea of when they may arrive.)

Actually, I think the pic was meant as a sort of counterpoint as the new edition of Vinhos has begun to arrive at the doorsteps of its Kickstarter backers. The wait is over for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting on Vinhos Deluxe! I'm in the UK and it is very much on my mind, when will it arrive? It's showing up in the US, wohoo!

I think we ordered via France and we tacked on The Gallerist (the wait is killing me!). So, could it be several days? A month? I know not!

I didn't mean to suggest one has had a tipple!

I went with just the pic as I really enjoyed the words in the first post and I didn't quite know how to follow it up!

Anyway, I shall try:

As I sit on this planet,
And wonder,
How has on Earth,
Has he done it?

To make these creations,
These incredible manifestations.

This guy can do a game on Mars
Or about folks drinking wine in bars
He can stick a car on a proving ground
In the middle of a board game
And it still looks sound.

He can even do
A theme on C02

Vital's games are vital!
Vital's games are vital!
He is my board game idol.

Come to me, oh Vinhos!
And bring with you,
The Gallerist!

I have not touched a drop.
I am not
In the least
Bit
Tips

Y.

Well there you have it. That's exactly why I posted a pic!

riddle13 wrote:
dougposkitt wrote:
blackmeeple wrote:

LOL.

Actually, I think the pic was meant as a sort of counterpoint as the new edition of Vinhos has begun to arrive at the doorsteps of its Kickstarter backers. The wait is over for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.