1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Dungeon of Dread - a rerun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Alright, so, I'm not going to to BS anyone. This is a re-purposed game completely based on the old Endless Quest book: Dungeon of Dread.

The contents were written by Rose Estes, copyright 1982.

The point of this is to let folks try a physics game with no conflict while also letting me practice building stories and physics setups. I'm not trying to steal any credit or anything else hostile / malicious.

I will let anyone join this game and run through it as many times as you want. The game is even set up (in physics) so that if you do not get one of the 'best' solutions to the dungeon, you can reset yourself and start over. And even if you do get one of the best solutions, just ask me and I'll reset you at the beginning.

The entire story and gameworld is based off of 1982-era Dungeons and Dragons. But you did not have to play that version of D&D or even have good working knowledge to try this. It's merely one company's version of the old "twistaplot" stories.

If the game has already started and you would like to play, GM me or post in the thread and I will add you to the player roster and set you at the front of the dungeon.

Please ask questions if you like.

Everyone that finishes the story successfully gets a win on their record. You do not have to have finished it successfully on your first try.

First iteration of this game was more than a year ago. If I get 5 people wanting to run through it, I'll activate it. If I get less than 5, I'll just "win" all of them and forget this ever happened.

Ask questions if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Your story begins here:

In this story, you play the part of a male human fighter. As an adult, you stand 5’9” tall and weigh about 150 pounds. You are smart and have survived many adventures using little more than your wits. You are well schooled in the use of weapons and are a powerful opponent.

You carry a sword and a dagger, and wear a long-sleeved, green tunic over leather breeches. Fine leather boots guard your feet. A long green hunter’s cloak protects you from the cold. You carry flasks of oil, a tinder box, a length of rope, and other gear in a leather pouch tied to your belt, and food and water in a sack slung over your shoulder.

Good luck and good adventuring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
... no, they're never very far away!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend it, it was fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
I'd recommend it, it was fun.

You could play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Amaroq81
BerenCamlost
Dake
danielprieto205
EvilWizard
Jimryan1
Littlelambchopx
maytheodds
monogarden
Mrfan
sea_1985
Skinny02
stonecutter129
taterdstruct
whirlingdervish

15 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1650371

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Both cycles of this game died in Cassy crashes, so I have rebuilt it.

This is meant to be both a fun twistaplot story, but also an opportunity for me to show Physics engines to any mods who want to see how things are built and how things run.

I plan on running the game for anyone who wants to run it. Everyone will get one week to play. After that, I will add anyone who played and wants to see physics as a mod and I will let them see how things work and I'll answer questions as desired. All of those mods will get one week to explore. I am turning off this game completely when I am in final prep for Arkham Horror.

I know that there will be a minor conflict with LJ's game as far as timing goes, but this is a solo adventure and not a Werewolf game. It should not detract from the larger game.

Please ask questions if you have any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I do whatever the voice in my head tells me to do."
badge
"I'm an equal opportunist."
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we help each other/work together or does that take away from the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
You will not be able to discuss in-game with other players unless you are doing so in geekmail. If you choose to do that, I guess that'll be fine with me. You're not breaking any rules or anything, but it's just a twist-a-plot. If you apply any real time at all, you'll succeed.

There will be a chat room enabled for everyone to talk about the game (or just chat in general). Players will have access to that chat room once they are done playing.

... editing this before posting. If X number of players want to work together from start to finish, I will enable that in Cassy with a team chat for you as long as you choose the same actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Devil
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fifth!

But mostly I'm in it for the physics tutorial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
... no, they're never very far away!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually a really interesting CYOA book, well worth doing. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Amaroq81 wrote:
But mostly I'm in it for the physics tutorial

I want people to see what the game should look like on the inside before showing you the inside. Once you get that difference, then you'll have a better understanding of how the complicated physics games operate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am so in for this!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Devil
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Littlelambchopx wrote:
I am so in for this!!!

I wondered when you were going to sign up for it.

I'd've GM'd you in a bit if you didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Devil
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguist, can we ask bgmurph22 and Avin to co-mod for the Q&A section?

There will be specific mechanics I want to ask each about, I think.

Also, for those who are here for the physics tutorial, I suggest you start out by reading Avin's thread:

Cassandra Physics System

To get the gist of the capabilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
I should be able to answer most of your questions, but I can ask them if they want to share information.

Any other games you think I should get co-mods for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does murph now post only in falsettos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Last full day before players get to go through the Dungeon - bumping for visibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?
badge
That is the only time a man can be brave.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Anyone want to be a "guinea pig" for me for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Waddle
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sure, if it's not complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Alright, the game has officially started!

Start with the "Your Story Starts Here!" post above.

At that point, go into Cassy and check your Physics chat. If you are ever unsure and it looks as though the text has been cutoff, then hit 'view entire chat'. If it STILL looks cut-off, I need to know that.

If you get to "The Tavern", you have reached the best possible ending. You are allowed to stay there and chat, but you may also GM me (or use your mod chat) and I can re-start you in the Intro space.

Cassy is scheduled to do movement processing every 15 minutes, so if you put in an order and 20 minutes goes by and nothing happens, then try again. Or GM me.

Fair warning: I have no intention of looking at your physics chats unless you tell me there's an issue. If you want my attention, you'll have to use mod chats or geekmails. Thanks.

I hope you have a fun time! Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obvious Aux
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! The treasure is mine!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Oops. A typo was pointed out to me. If you chose to 'stay and fight the orc', you were sent to the wrong paragraph. That has been fixed.

Remember that if you get into The Tavern, you can always be reset if you want to run through again. I just need to know.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.