Popular Tags: clutch_pearls_and_faint [+] [View All]
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it count as an 'October surprise' if we all already knew that Trump was a misogynistic asshole?

Quote:
“I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married”
“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful ― I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

...etc

Somehow, somehow, I don't see this hurting his polling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Does it count as an 'October surprise' if we all already knew that Trump was a misogynistic asshole?

Quote:
“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful ― I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

...etc

I find the headline deeply ironic...

Quote:
TRUMP UNCENSORED: ‘GRAB ‘EM BY THE P***Y’
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

Quote:

...etc

This entire week has been nonstop October surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

No way this will finally be the one to sink him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like material for the trump haikus thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There goes what little support Trump had among women.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trumps Octoberfest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:

Unfortunately not. End of September...

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-09-27/reas...

Quote:
According to a recent Associated Press-GfK poll of registered voters, 64 percent of women have an unfavorable opinion of Trump, while 58 percent of men view the Republican nominee negatively. Women were also more likely than men to say they'd be afraid or angry if Trump is elected in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Unfortunately not. End of September...

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-09-27/reas...

Quote:
According to a recent Associated Press-GfK poll of registered voters, 64 percent of women have an unfavorable opinion of Trump, while 58 percent of men view the Republican nominee negatively. Women were also more likely than men to say they'd be afraid or angry if Trump is elected in November.

Indeed - do remember that there are a significant number of women who have been successfully brainwashed into a level of submissiveness in which they do not believe it's possible for a husband to rape his wife.

A touch of Stockholm Syndrome, perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Trump camp found out, they immediately put out a "But Clinton!" statement. This is starting to get pretty predictable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablito A
msg tools
Honestly?

It makes me sad. I use to be a Republican. I'd probably be considered a Goldwater Republican.... The party has left me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump Caught On Audio Tape Making Crude, Sexually Aggressive Comments About Women And Mike Pence Flees Restaurant And View Of Press Upon Learning About It

Republican Red-State Red-Light-District Red Alert!

> Excerpts from the October 7, 2016 Politico news story by Shane Goldmacher, Annie Karni, Nolan D. McCaskill, Jake Sherman, and Katie Glueck:

Trump Caught On Audio Tape Making Crude, Sexually Aggressive Comments About Women

Donald Trump made sexually aggressive and demeaning remarks about women in a tape published on Friday, a new revelation that threatens to envelop, if not sink, his candidacy just days before his second Presidential debate with Hillary Clinton.

In the tape, Trump boasts of trying to have sex with a married woman, aggressively kissing atactive women — “I don’t even wait,” he brags — about grabbing at their genitals.

“And when you’re a star they let you do it,” Trump says to Billy Bush of “Access Hollywood” in a clip from 2005 that was first published by the Washington Post late on Friday. “You can do anything.”

“Whatever you want?” an off-camera voice that appears to Bush replies.

“Grab them by the pussy,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

The audio represents an extraordinary level of vulgarity —Democrats quickly condemned Trump for casually joking about sexual assault — even for a candidate who seized the Republican nomination through his proud embrace of political incorrectness.

“This is horrific,” Hillary Clinton said on Twitter. “We cannot allow this man to become President.”

Trump reacted quickly and defensively, offering a non-apology — “I apologize if anyone was offended” — and then he tried to shift the focus elsewhere.

“This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close,” Trump claimed.

In the tape, Trump, who had only then-recently married Melania Trump, says of an unknown woman upon whom he said he moved "very heavily", even while taking her furniture shopping:

Donald Trump wrote:

I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it. I did try and fuck her. She was married.... I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

POLITICO has decided to publish the full quotes from the Trump tape, without redaction, due to the extraordinary nature of the comments.

Trump has weathered numerous other controversies, including his own past taped remarks commenting on women’s appearances that Clinton has aired in heavy rotation in battleground states. But some top Democrats said the new tape — and its description of grabbing at women against their will because Trump is a “star” had crossed a line.

"Game over!” said former Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor. “He is discussing sexual assault.”

“It's horrifying, disgusting, and on a whole other level than any of his previous comments,” said Democratic strategist Lis Smith. “This isn't him just being sexist. This is him bragging about committing sexual assault.”

Republicans were aghast, “I won’t defend that!” texted one prominent Republican woman who has endorsed Trump. “I am so sad.”

Trump is scheduled to campaign alongside Speaker Paul Ryan on Saturday for the first time in Wisconsin. Ryan’s political operation did not immediately say whether the event would continue as planned.

The Republican National Committee’s chief strategist, Sean Spicer, did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the Trump tape. The RNC’s social media accounts, meanwhile, fell silent.

The leaked tape caps a disastrous two weeks for Trump since the first Presidential debate. He stumbled on stage at Hofstra University — he complained about his microphone and floated a conspiracy theory that he had been sabotaged — and then spent the days after the debate embroiled in a back-and-forth over his two-decade ago campaign to shame a former beauty pageant winner over her weight.

Later, the New York Times published portions of his 1995 taxes, revealing that Trump declared a loss of more than $900,000,000.00 that could have shielded him from paying income taxes for nearly 20 years. Trump is the first major Presidential candidate in decades to refuse to release any of his tax returns for public scrutiny.

Trump has steadily lost ground in the polls since, with Clinton’s lead in the Real Clear Politics polling average roughly doubling since the first debate, from 2.3 percentage points to 4.5 points on Friday.

> Excerpts from the October 7, 2016 Huffington news story by Michael Calderone and Nick Baumann entitled:

Mike Pence’s Campaign Team Kicks Out His Own Pool Reporters After Audio Emerges Of Trump Saying He Can Grab Women "By The Pussy"
The journalists had been promised they could cover the nominee’s departure from a Toledo restaurant

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence’s team kicked reporters out of the restaurant where he was eating Friday after a 2005 video emerged of his running mate, Donald Trump, making lewd and explicit remarks about women.

Pence’s traveling press pool — the rotating group of reporters and photographers who are tasked with following the Republican vice presidential candidate for the larger press corps — were “removed” from Tony Packo’s Cafe in Toledo, Ohio, after the first stories about the video hit the internet.

The Pence campaign had promised the pool that it could cover Pence’s departure from the restaurant, which would include Pence “looking at Trump’s signed hot-dog bun.”

“As far as we know,” Pence himself wasn’t aware of the stories as they broke, reported Vaughn Hillyard, the NBC News reporter on print pool duty.

The Washington Post first reported on the video of Trump’s making degrading comments toward woman with “Access Hollywood” host and “Today” show co-host Billy Bush.

In the video’s audio, Trump claims he tried to have sex with a married woman and says he can grab women “by the pussy” because he is a celebrity. The bombshell clip immediately ricocheted through social media and was played on cable news networks.

In a note to reporters, Hillyard described the press pool being removed as the story broke.

NBC news reporter Vaughn Hillyard wrote:
The pool [reporters] shot video of Pence and his daughter, Charlotte, ordering food and greeting patrons of Tony Packo’s [restaurant]. He then sat down briefly at a table to say hi to others before heading to the back of the restaurant for an interview with the newspaper, the Toledo Blade. During this time, the pool [of reporters] was waiting at the front of the restaurant. After about 20 minutes, it was then led halfway back into the restaurant by a Pence staffer in preparation for shooting Pence’s departure and, notably, his viewing of the Trump-signed hot dog bun, which the staffer specifically told the pool it would shoot. The Pence staffer, after leading the pool further into the restaurant, appeared to grow suspicious of the pool, which had been looking down at its phones and chatting. The pool did not address the Trump stories at all, but the staffer then left the pool to head to the back of the restaurant, where Pence and other aides were. Upon returning, the staffer said the pool needed to leave, specifically saying Pence would no longer be going to view the signed bun and, instead, would go directly to his campaign bus.

A staffer suggested the move wasn’t out of the ordinary for such campaign pit stops. But Hillyard wrote that just hours earlier, Pence’s staffers had been allowing normal access to the candidate, with pool reporters walking out of a deli just in front of Pence.

Removing the press pool is a break with protocol that’s sure to frustrate news organizations, which pay a lot for reporters to follow the candidates each day on the campaign trail. They could potentially miss a newsworthy, even historically significant, moment if denied access to the candidate’s movements.

A Pence spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Here's the full transcript of the Trump video:

Special Note: The "Nancy" to whom Donald Trump refers in the conversation below is TV personality Nancy O'Dell.

Nancy O'Dell

> Transcript begins:

Donald Trump: "You know and I moved on her actually. You know she was down on Palm Beach."

Unknown Unattributed Voice: "She used to be great. She's still very beautiful."

Trump: "I moved on her and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try and fuck her. She was married."

Unknown Voice: "That's huge news."

Trump: "No, no. Nancy. No this was... And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, ‘I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.’ I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look."

Billy Bush, anchor for Access Hollywood: "Sheesh, your girl's hot as shit. In the purple. Whoa, the Donald is good! Whoa, my man!"

Trump: "Look at you. You are a pussy.... Maybe it's a different one."

Bush: "It better not be the publicist. No, it's her. It's her."

Trump: "Yeah, that's her -- with the gold.... I’ve gotta use some Tic-Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

Unknown (but apparently Bush): "Whatever you want?"

Trump: "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.... Oh, nice legs, huh?"

Bush: "Oof! Get out of the way, Honey! Oh, that's good legs. Go ahead."

Trump: "It's always good if you don't fall out of the bus. Like Ford. Gerald Ford, remember?"

Bush: "Down below. Pull the handle."

Trump: "Hello. How are you? Hi."

Arianne Zucker (star of the NBC soap opera "Days Of Our Lives"): "Hi Mr. Trump. How are you? Pleasure to meet you."

Trump: "Nice seeing you. Terrific, terrific. You know Billy Bush?"

Bush: "Hello, nice to see you. How you doing, Arianne?"

Arianne Zucker: "I'm doing very well, thank you. [To Trump] Are you ready to be a soap star?"

Trump: "We're ready. Let's go. Make me a soap star."

Bush: "How about a little hug for the Donald? He just got off the bus."

Zucker: "Would you like a little hug, Darling?"

Trump: "Absolutely. Melania said this was okay."

Bush: "How about a little hug for the Bushy? I just got off the bus. Here we go. Excellent. Well, you've got a nice co-star here."

Trump: "Good. After you.... Come on, Billy, don't be shy."

Bush: "As soon as a beautiful woman shows up, he just takes off. This always happens."

Zucker: "I'm sorry. Come here."

Bush (referring to himself): "Let the little guy in here, come on."

Zucker: "Yeah, let the little guy in. How you feel now? Better? I should actually be in the middle."

Bush: "It's hard to walk next to a guy like this. Yeah, you get in the middle. There we go."

Trump: "Good. That's better."

Zucker: "This is much better. This is — "

Trump: "That's better."

Bush: "Now if you had to choose, honestly, between one of us: me or The Donald?"

Trump: "I don't know. That's some tough competition."

Bush: "Seriously, [if] you [Arianne] had to take one of us as a date."

Zucker: "I'll have to take the Fifth [Amendment] on that one..."

Bush: "Really?"

Zucker:: "Yup. I'll take you both."

Trump:: "Which way?"

Zucker: "Make a right [turn]. Here we go."

Bush: "Here he goes. I'm gonna leave you here. Give me my microphone."

Trump: "Okay. Okay. Oh, you're finished?"

Bush: "You're my man. Yeah."

Trump: "Oh, good."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get off my lawn wrote:
Honestly?

It makes me sad. I use to be a Republican. I'd probably be considered a Goldwater Republican.... The party has left me.

I wouldn't worry. The Republican party is built on noble ideas like family, values, and human decency. They're a group of principled conservatives who believe in chivalry and respect. Oh sure, maybe they seem a little old-fashioned and "not with it!" to some people, but damn it, those classical virtues still mean something to the G.O.P., whether it's "cool" or not.

I'm sure this Trump thing is just an anomaly; a temporary glitch in the matrix. Now that the craziness of the primaries is long over, they can sit back and take a hard look at things, and realize they made a mistake. Principled people like the Republicans will finally take stock of all of Trump's despicable behavior and disown that philandering asshole. Each of those big-name G.O.P. hot-shots will call a press conference and take back their endorsement of this irredeemable piece of human flotsam, and apologize to their supporters for making such a terrible error in judgment.

The Republicans are moral, ethical people. I know this because they tell us that all the time. So this whole thing will likely be a big wake-up call to them. They will finally realize how far off the path they've gone, and how their trained hatred of liberals has caused them to abandon their own virtues in the name of spite and tribal warfare. They'll go back to voting to support the people and ideals they truly love, rather than voting just to hurt the people they mindlessly hate. In a weird way, this could be a great moment for the G.O.P. - sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you realize how bad things have gotten, and that it's time to make a change.

We could see a rebirth of American conservatism - people who lead by example through hard work and gumption, rather than just terrifying people into submission with dark tales of The Other. It's going to be Morning In America again. I can feel it.

Or, you know, "BUT HILLLLLLARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!"

One of the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
He tends to favor women who are cat owners.

What's the big deal?

I mean, Bill had the same hobby. Just didn't always ask permission first before petting some lady's cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
He tends to favor women who are cat owners.

What's the big deal?

I mean, Bill had the same hobby. Just didn't always ask permission first before petting some lady's cat.

Bill is running for President this year? Or maybe just earlier this century?

Huh, didn't realize. Or...wait...he's not, you say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuck, people don't care that Trump is a rapist, why would they care about him making a rape joke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Fuck, people don't care that Trump is a rapist, why would they care about him making a rape joke?

I don't think it's a "doesn't care that he's a rapist" thing - at least not of anyone I've heard discuss those accusations.

More like - 'nah, he's just a regular guy, tellin'-it-like-it-is, of course people will make false accusations about him. He isn't REALLY like that, obviously'

Which this sort of conversation kinda puts an end to. He's doing something that is the very definition of sexual assault, yet he's apparently thinking it isn't any kind of big deal. Perhaps some form of droit du seigneur he is entitled to.

It's the sort of thing that makes someone think..."oh - maybe all those accusations actually have something to them..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:

Which this sort of conversation kinda puts an end to. He's doing something that is the very definition of sexual assault, yet he's apparently thinking it isn't any kind of big deal. Perhaps some form of droit du seigneur he is entitled to.

I believe it's called a "Trump Handshake."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving this tweet, from 2013:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah, four weeks and this guy is imploding big time. Que Sera Sera.

At this point, I don't think he's got anything left in his war chest.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Terwox wrote:

I don't think it's a "doesn't care that he's a rapist" thing - at least not of anyone I've heard discuss those accusations.

More like - 'nah, he's just a regular guy, tellin'-it-like-it-is, of course people will make false accusations about him. He isn't REALLY like that, obviously'

It's the sort of thing that makes someone think..."oh - maybe all those accusations actually have something to them..."

No, I mean when he raped his ex-wife, then said it didn't count because you can't rape your wife. (Or maybe that was his attorney, regardless, that wasn't true at the time it occurred anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Hah, four weeks and this guy is imploding big time. Que Sera Sera.

At this point, I don't think he's got anything left in his war chest.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

The only real question is how many Republicans in the House and Senate he drags down with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
The electorate already gave him a free pass after him noting that a reporter on her knees would be "a pretty picture". Anybody who cares at all about character already knows he's a horrible slug of a person.

The alarm bells have been ringing and ignored for 6 months. This will change very little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Ryan is now pulling out of a joint appearance with Trump tomorrow.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw some un-endorsements on this one...or at least more distancing. The man is on tape literally joking about how he sexually assaults women, for God's sake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.