Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Finkeldey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Labyrinth players:

I'm preparing the Labyrinth tourney preview for the annual vote (I don't believe it will be sponsored this year).

I'm certainly including the Awakening addition as part of the tourney...my initial thought is that it would be an option - I would pair those interested in the add on together as long at least two survive every round...

That being said, last year the Monday round was better attended than the Wednesday round. Would people prefer an early tournament like a Sunday mulligan and a Monday tournament, or something later like a 1st Sunday or Monday mulligan and a 2nd Friday or Saturday tournament? I'm open to suggestions...

Jeff Finkeldey 2016 Labyrinth GM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of having the choice of the Awakening or the original game; which would you use as the default, if you have an odd number of players preferring each?

I don't think moving the Mulligan to Sunday would be a good idea; this conflicts with both Hannibal, a very popular CDG that I think has a lot of overlap with Labyrinth in who plays it. It would also conflict with the War of the Ring mulligan, which also has some overlap (at least me and Chris Yaure).

The current Labyrinth schedule works perfectly for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wanted to play this year, but Dominion conflicted. Monday or Tuesday would have been better.

You've got my vote in any case!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff - thanks for trying to keep this event alive.

As Andy Latto noted, I would prefer no to have a conflict with War of the Ring (second edition).

I would love to see someone do forwargames what Eric Freeman has done for euros. It is not possible to eliinate all conflicts, but perhaps they could be reduced. The bigger impact of Eric's work is that there are virtually no empty spaces on theschedule for euros - if a time period is light, he will suggest moving an event into that empty space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.