Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm failing to comprehend how the enemy AI works. When you act as the enemy, do you target specific other players, intent to hinder them?

I'm getting confused on how coop vs competetive tbjs game is. Any helpmwould be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
I'm failing to comprehend how the enemy AI works. When you act as the enemy, do you target specific other players, intent to hinder them?

I'm getting confused on how coop vs competetive tbjs game is. Any helpmwould be appreciated.

In the original version of the game, the Doomtrooper players were semi-coop. By this I mean that they all shared a common overall goal (survive the mission, rack up a body count, kill the boss, etc), but also had a secondary goal that added in some competition.

The Dark Legion player was fully competitive, and was rewarded based on how well he beat up the Doomtrooper players. Often he would get rewards based on inflicting damage and/or killing Doomtroopers, and generally causing them to fail their objectives. The Dark Legion role rotated mission-to-mission, and the rewards gained as a Dark Legion player applied to that player's Doomtroopers, so there was a definite incentive to play the enemy role well.

My understanding is that the remake includes a mode that is similar to the above, but also includes full co-op (players against the board) and a solo version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx. Appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.