Subject: Clipping the Units is Tough! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure some experienced in this will find getting the parts off the sprues to be quite easy, but I am having a very annoying, especially with such soft material. I have clipped a few wrong, grrrrr.

Has anyone else found this?

Any other tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did mine with the original set a long time ago with an exacto knife and do remember slicing the edges off some of the units. Since then, I got SOBS and learned of sprue cutters. Just search Amazon for "sprue cutter" and you'll find similar:
https://amzn.com/B000IBSFAI?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20
https://amzn.com/B00GYM6UG6?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Also I've heard regular nail clippers can work. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
A few are hard to be certain exactly where the edge is, making it take even more time.

Though I just realized one box (I got 2) only had sea units, so i am going to have to contact them to get the others. I got both sea and land units in the white and black unit sets that I think were addons.

I haven't opened the other one yet since I want to try to video it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
A few are hard to be certain exactly where the edge is, making it take even more time.

Though I just realized one box (I got 2) only had sea units, so i am going to have to contact them to get the others. I got both sea and land units in the white and black unit sets that I think were addons.

I haven't opened the other one yet since I want to try to video it.

I realized my error. The box should only contain the sea units. The land units should come from my existing Attack! game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.