6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Knockback Direction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Gabriel
msg tools
The rulebook states the following:

"Knockback X: The target of knockback is pushed X number of spaces. Move the miniature the number of spaces indicated by knockback, in a straight line, directly away from the source of the knockback."

So when knocked back as a result of sharing a space with a monster following its movement, how do you determine "directly away" when the space your survivor occupies corresponds to a "corner" of the monster's space (where two directions could apply) or to the "center" of the monster's space (in the case of a monster occupying 3x3 tiles)? Do you or the monster controller pick a direction for you to be knocked back? Or are you knocked back relative to the monster's movement (i.e. away from the direction it came from)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
We do it relative to the monster's movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
we do it the same way as monster movement: as long as it fulfills all criteria correctly, the monster controller chooses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Perpendicular to monster base, verse away from monster. When two directions are eligible, the monster controller chooses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Gabriel
msg tools
That was the answer I was hoping to hear. Thanks. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Perpendicular to monster base, verse away from monster. When two directions are eligible, the monster controller chooses.

I think that's how we do it as well. We tried randomizing for a bit, but it added clunk to the game.

MC has final say in direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.