Subject: AEG Black Box 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Thompson

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG will be slow to add the link so, AEG Black Box 2016 is Legends of the 5 Rings. I would wager it will be 5 preset clan decks but will throw all my money at them if it is all the original clans in one box with preset decks.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gent
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can it be L5R, weren't the rights sold to FFG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit torn about this. Yes, they sold the IP to FFG, but despite hearing comments to the contrary (such as the lack of L5R available at GenCon) I'd like to think they could get rid of any remaining inventory they had.

Personally, I'm expecting either a factory set of Burning Sands, Clan Wars, or maybe a one-shot 7th Sea set as an ECG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG's description of the game sure doesn't seem like L5R.

https://www.alderac.com/blackbox/#

Some are suggesting this game is a re-theme or tweak of AEG's never-released game: Phase

AEG's example (tarot sized) card:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gent
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Some are suggesting this game is a re-theme or tweak of AEG's never-released game: Phase

Where is this being discussed? I am interested as I have the other Black Boxes but I need to do more research to see if I will actually play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
I ride mountain bikes and road bikes. Ask me how!
badge
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards
mbmbmbmbmb
So what do people think about Phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.