Subject: Halloween Sale on the Frog's store. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lot's of cool stuff even one brandy new set of barrels and crates that is already out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Some nice stuff, but at those prices, I can wait til retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish they had a 2 pack of Raptors for those of us getting 1 during Wave 2. I won't need the cards and don't need 3. So seems they are missing an option for KS backers.

I'm wondering if the corpse set in Wave 2 will be resin or plastic. I only bought 1 set and would like more but would rather wait for plastic if they are planning to offer it later. I'm not a big fan of the resin since it's difficult to work with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The three pack comes with triples of everything.

Ask if they would allow you an upgrade via the store like they have for some of the other pieces. They're obviously not adverse to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if FFP is going to be in Essen? And maybe having a sale there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Wish they had a 2 pack of Raptors for those of us getting 1 during Wave 2. I won't need the cards and don't need 3. So seems they are missing an option for KS backers.

I'm wondering if the corpse set in Wave 2 will be resin or plastic. I only bought 1 set and would like more but would rather wait for plastic if they are planning to offer it later. I'm not a big fan of the resin since it's difficult to work with.

you have the option to buy 1 too, so you can choose how many you take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy one Swamp Raptor for $25, two for $50, or three for $65.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very little stuff in that sale appears to be... on sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
Very little stuff in that sale appears to be... on sale?

I was thinking the same thing.

Apparently "sale" now just means "for sale", as opposed to "on sale" (implying discount).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
You can buy one Swamp Raptor for $25, two for $50, or three for $65.

What I'd like to see is a Raptor 2 pack with no cards. KS backers don't need the cards, just the 2 extra Raptors to fill out for the 3x raptor encounter.

But I'll probably just not bother getting 2 more and use the elite ability gets added for each missing miniature rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MT Dav

Maryland
msg tools
I've got the one and am just subbing in 2 T-rex kids toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I picked up Frontier Doc and Jargono Native heros, mostly because I'm unwilling to wait for retail. But otherwise, I completely agree with what's been said here already: there don't appear to be any discounts for most of the SoB stuff and the items they have are rather pricey. Better to wait for retail if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Friedmutant wrote:

I picked up Frontier Doc and Jargono Native heros, mostly because I'm unwilling to wait for retail. But otherwise, I completely agree with what's been said here already: there don't appear to be any discounts for most of the SoB stuff and the items they have are rather pricey. Better to wait for retail if you can.

Anyone know if the new classes will be in retail? I always assumed they wouldn't be, given that the hero models have always been exclusive to FFP's store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drpretorios wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

Anyone know if the new classes will be in retail? I always assumed they wouldn't be, given that the hero models have always been exclusive to FFP's store.

My understanding is that they will be. And based on how the cowboy, doc, and natives tokens are packaged (all on one sheet) I think they'll come in one box. (Those 3 at least)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I would think they would be a hard sell to retailers as single-figure packs. SOB isn't a huge-selling franchise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
I would think they would be a hard sell to retailers as single-figure packs. SOB isn't a huge-selling franchise.

Not huge selling compared to what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Cooperton wrote:
robwrigley wrote:

Not huge selling compared to what?

Warhammer/40k
Arkham/Eldricht Horror
Descent
Imperial Assualt
Mansions of Madness
Warmachine/Hordes
Ticket to Ride
Pathfinder Card Game

...to name a few games with tons of expansions that a retailer might want to invest inventory and shelf space into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Tibbitts
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
The three pack comes with triples of everything.

My three pack I just got from the FFP store came with only one set of cards, they must have changed it since GenCon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As a head's up, CSI has the Sand Kraken and the Swamp Raptors on pre-order with expected release of November. The Swamp Raptors are at 16.49 and the Sand Kraken at 23.49. So that 65.00 pack isn't the best way to get your count up to 3 Raptors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Huzzah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
(...)
But I'll probably just not bother getting 2 more and use the elite ability gets added for each missing miniature rule.

If I understand you correctly, you roll for two different Elite abilities when you have to place 3 models, but have only one (left). That's not how I play the game...

Rulebook, p. 22 (right) wrote:
If you are called on to place more Enemies of a particular Enemy Type than you have models available (for instance, you must place 4 Tentacles, but you only have 2 models as the rest are already on the board), place all of the models that you do have available, and ALL Enemies of that Type become Elite for the duration of this Fight.

My interpretation of that rule is: every time (=Threat card) you don't have enough models, roll for ONE (unique) Elite ability. See also this thread.

Although, re-reading the text, it might even be: if they are not yet Elite, make them Elite (1). But that somehow does not seem right to me. Especially if the Enemies were Elite at the start of the Fight. The rules are a little fuzzy here and there...

I think a new rule text could be:
revised rule wrote:
If you are called on by one Threat Card to place more Enemies of a particular Enemy Type than you have models available (for instance, you must place 4 Tentacles, but you only have 2 models as the rest are already on the board), place all of the models that you do have available, and ALL Enemies of that Type gain one (extra, unique) Elite ability for the duration of this Fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RobKeet wrote:
ScottE wrote:
(...)

If I understand you correctly, you roll for two different Elite abilities when you have to place 3 models, but have only one (left). That's not how I play the game...

Rulebook, p. 22 (right) wrote:
If you are called on to place more Enemies of a particular Enemy Type than you have models available (for instance, you must place 4 Tentacles, but you only have 2 models as the rest are already on the board), place all of the models that you do have available, and ALL Enemies of that Type become Elite for the duration of this Fight.

My interpretation of that rule is: every time (=Threat card) you don't have enough models, roll for ONE (unique) Elite ability. See also this thread.

Although, re-reading the text, it might even be: if they are not yet Elite, make them Elite (1). But that somehow does not seem right to me. Especially if the Enemies were Elite at the start of the Fight. The rules are a little fuzzy here and there...

I think a new rule text could be:
revised rule wrote:
If you are called on by one Threat Card to place more Enemies of a particular Enemy Type than you have models available (for instance, you must place 4 Tentacles, but you only have 2 models as the rest are already on the board), place all of the models that you do have available, and ALL Enemies of that Type gain one (extra, unique) Elite ability for the duration of this Fight.

You're correct. Anytime a card (threat or otherwise) calls for you to place a model, and you dont have enough, you add one elite ability to the other monsters of that type. You only add one elite ability no matter how many minis you are lacking.
So 2 swamp raptor cards would need to come up to add 2 elite abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.