$30.00
Andrea Pirazzini
msg tools
Hi to everyone

Scenario is a 3 player game. I'm on the attack action and i can/i'm able to attack 2 monster of the SAME type (not both on the same time, only one). I don't control that type of monster. Rulebook says:

"The player controlling that Monster discards the Monster card into the Experience pile (see page 12). If more than one Hero controls that type of Monster, the player who made the attack discards the card if he or she controls one of those Monsters. If not, go clockwise around the table. The first player you reach who controls one of those Monsters discards that Monster card."

So, if i'm Player A and then NEXT (clockwise) we have Player B and C

Player C control a monster with 2 HP but with a wound of 1HP from a previous turn

Player B control the same type of monster of Player B but with full HP

Now... what happens if i KILL the monster controlled by Player C (it has only 1HP remain) ? as RAW, i'm not controlling that type of monster, so Player B (next of the order) have to discard the monster with FULL HP and the one with 1HP stay alive (even if i killed it )

Is this a proper question or i'm only getting crazy?

When there are multiple monster of the same type on the board, should we keep track of which one is related to a player in order to track HP loss?

I'm sorry for my bad English... i hope that what i explained is clear

see ya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't keep track of specific monsters or their hit points. So no matter which monster you kill, either one with 1HP left or the one with full hit points, player B will discard the card.

The cards let you know when a specific monster type attacks, not a specific figure. So remember, if there is more than one figure of the same monster type, all monsters of that type will attack when the current player has that monster card in front of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
The monster cards do not represent any particular figure on the board. Any wounds inflicted on monsters are placed next to the figure, not the card.

I know this can be confusing since the card triggered the appearance of the monster but once that occurs the cards just cause the monsters to act. Since each card will activate all of the monsters of that type on the board, it's beneficial to remove the card that will trigger the soonest; i.e. either your card or the next one clockwise.

I know I didn't explain that well but I help it helps. Your question was very clear!

edit: ninja'd!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pirazzini
msg tools
Thankyou for the fast reply!

So,

"Damage that does not reduce a Monster or Hero to 0 Hit Points stays on that Monster or Hero (use the Hit Point tokens to track damage)."

When damage for the HERO or a VILLAIN i put tokens on it card. When is dealt to a MONSTER i put it NEXT to the character on the board right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pirazzini
msg tools

Found it! Take a look at the image attached... the token for monster are different for a reason i'm such a stupid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
robertg611 wrote:
The monster cards do not represent any particular figure on the board. Any wounds inflicted on monsters are placed next to the figure, not the card.

I know this can be confusing since the card triggered the appearance of the monster but once that occurs the cards just cause the monsters to act. Since each card will activate all of the monsters of that type on the board, it's beneficial to remove the card that will trigger the soonest; i.e. either your card or the next one clockwise.

Wow, that seems like a really weird and unnecessarily confusing way of doing things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bucho22 wrote:
Wow, that seems like a really weird and unnecessarily confusing way of doing things.

Not really. It actually adds a layer of strategic depth to this game which is otherwise pretty streamlined.

Don't think of the monster cards as belonging to each monster. Think of them as "order of initiative", a contest of will and cunning between the Heroes and a conceptual Overlord/ Villain.

By killing monster X, you get to push back the enemies' momentum for a brief moment. This is represented in abstraction, by you being able to take away a monster activation card that would have benefited the monsters' situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mlai00 wrote:

Not really. It actually adds a layer of strategic depth to this game which is otherwise pretty streamlined.

Don't think of the monster cards as belonging to each monster. Think of them as "order of initiative", a contest of will and cunning between the Heroes and a conceptual Overlord/ Villain.

By killing monster X, you get to push back the enemies' momentum for a brief moment. This is represented in abstraction, by you being able to take away a monster activation card that would have benefited the monsters' situation.

I agree with all of the above. I also like that the mechanic can mess up your plans by giving individual monsters multiple activities, after all combat should be a chaotic affair. In addition there is the added benefit of not having to track which monster card corresponds to which monster figurine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Meyer
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Old thread, sorry for reviving it...)

I've been interested in purchasing the game, so I downloaded the rules and watched a couple of videos on it. But neither video demonstrated this particular scenario from the rulebook, so it left me confused. After reading through this thread, I get it now - but only after reading the replies very slowly.

So just a note to the game developers and/or rulebook writers - in my opinion, this is the only confusing part of the manual. So on the next version(s), it might warrant extra attention in the manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.