Subject: Proficiency 1 or all ? (minor game 6 and 7 spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Schnaath
msg tools
mbmbmb
Question about Herbology proficiency:

"If a Hero gains 3 or more Hearts on your turn, that Hero draws a card."

Does this bonus apply to the first hero per turn to qualify, or all heroes that qualify per turn ?

My guess is 1 hero per turn. Neville's Game 7 special ability allows cards that give 2 hearts to each hero to provide the 3 hearts to each hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if they meant it to only be one, it would be worded "The first hero to gain 3 or more hearts on your turn draws a card."

It also makes sense thematically since Neville is good at Herbology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corey is 100% correct. Any hero that gains 3 or more hearts on Neville's turn draws a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone gains 3 hearts during Neville’s turn, they’ll get the extra card.

Kinda makes Molly Weasley amazing in Neville’s deck. Like, If Molly comes up early as a buy, put her in Neville’s deck and have him never buy another card that wouldn’t draw extra cards on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Y
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
A related question---If I started the turn with full hearts, am I eligible to get the herbology card draw from +3 hearts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no since you didn't actually gain any hearts because your marker could not move any further.

I would say the same thing if you could only gain 1 or2 headers before you became full of hearts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with Jason. Herbology states if a Hero GAINS 3 hearts. If you cannot actually gain 3 (or more) hearts then you dont get a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.