Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Race! Formula 90» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lapping for free with Blue Flag (or skill)/robots overtake for free rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't find the answer to this one and I know I know the answer I just can't confirm it.

If I have the blue flag and land in a section with cars I could lap, and I have no movement pts left, I do NOT go to the lead position in the section, correct?

Similarly with robots...robots that end their movement in a section with other robots don't slip forward.

You can just extrapolate this to anytime in the game where this happens, I assume/remember...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I've always done it. You have to have the extra MP left to actually move into the next zone and use the free overtake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers.

It's impossible to be objective since I've spent so much time with the game, but in some ways it seems the the new Rules might be harder for a newcomer. This was my first time playing with 3.0 and I found myself momentarily tripped up on things that I was surprised weren't fleshed out. Nothing I've asked questions about, more trivial stuff that I worked out immediately. But I imagine not so trivial to a first timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean. I love the game and wish it was more widely available, but I know some the little edge rules (and length) would stop it from ever being hugely popular. It's one of the few games where you really should play by the basic rules first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet...95% of the time I find turns going by like a hot knife through butter. Super smooth.

I'll come back to the game after a number of months and remember all the rules discussion I've had as I'm setting up. Then I start playing and think, "What was so difficult about all this?" I don't even remember the edge cases I was so fervently arguing 3 years ago.

The two questions that came up in my last play were pretty easy to resolve. Just required a little common sense.

Anything still trip you up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.