GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,731 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

High Frontier» Forums » Rules

Subject: Industrialization question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st edition game but I'm going off the latest living rules from 2011. I'm playing the basic game.

The rules say "To build an ET factory, take a refinery and a robonaut card to a site with a claim disk" but does not specify if it has to be your claim disc. I know the PRC can claim jump but are you allowed to industrialize another player's claim?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The living rules dated December 19, 2011 state in section 5.7: "To build an ET factory, take a refinery and a robonaut to your claim and decommission them."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright great I'm reading the wrong living rules. I generally like Eklund's games but his propensity to tinker makes getting into them late a little frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:
Alright great I'm reading the wrong living rules. I generally like Eklund's games but his propensity to tinker makes getting into them late a little frustrating.

Not as frustrating as getting into them early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Durango
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:

Massive Understatement! Or you've got a much higher tolerance for "tinkering" then I do.

Which is why I jumped on the 3rd Edition Kickstarter, a "full and complete" game that could be played out of the box, no need to track down living rules or expansions or the yahoo group...

I don't care if Phil wants to keep tinkering, heck I even hope there is some scientific/technological advance that should be incorporated. But I want a "stake in the ground"/"point in time" version all in one box which I can play and only engage with the variants when/if I want to.

And so far, my cupboard is bare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you can use anothers claim disk is you both agree of course ...make a good trade and or water payment to the person and it can be yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.