GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,306 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Grunwald Swords» Forums » Rules

Subject: issuing commands to wings. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Hearn
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Lives matter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding the issuance of commands...is the two commands for one wing that each side has the hard limit or is this inferring that each side may issue two commands to one wing as well as commands to all the other wings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You beat me to it, Jack! I had the same question .... is it only two Orders to one Wing period ... or ... is two Orders to one Wing mentioned as an exception to the normal (or as Jack says, inferred) one Order per Wing.

Otherwise, Tom - great looking game and fun system. I haven't gotten it to the table at the club yet, but I will soon. I look forward to more games in the series.

Well done!

Hermann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hearn wrote:
I have a question regarding the issuance of commands...is the two commands for one wing that each side has the hard limit or is this inferring that each side may issue two commands to one wing as well as commands to all the other wings?

It's two commands to one wing only for this particular game. In some games in this series, that will be the case, and in others you'll get to activate more than one wing simultaneously. For example, in some of the battles for House of Normandy,
1 You can issue two commands to one wing and one command to a second;
2 You can issue two commands to one wing, but a second wing can participate in one of those command phases;
3 You can activate two specific wings as if they were one wing.

For Grunwald, the rules cover this with the phrase "2 Commands to 1 Wing of your choice", but you're not the first folks to ask about this, so I'm wondering if I need a different phrase that will communicate this more clearly. Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tom!
I think a simple "2 Commands to 1 Wing of your choice (only)" would do it. This is not so much a problem of your wording but simply experienced wargamers assuming something else that's not really there. The fact that it's "2 Commands" makes it sound like others may get one by default, as if two is the exception. It's just an unusual concept that one formation would get two orders without the others getting any. What you're essentially saying, I think, is the commander is focused exclusively on the chosen wing and is issuing multiple orders to it only.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.