14 Posts

Agricola: Family Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Solo game final score? Post your scores here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone tried the solo game like me? It's a simple exercise of maxing out your score with the most optimised moves through the 14 rounds. A score benchmark would be great as it's the same game every time. My score for the first game is 74, second game 85. No idea if that's a good or poor or average score unless we have reference with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have the game & intend to play solo before playing with the family, how long does a solo play take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes me around 30mins per game. It depends on how much you think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Nordstrand
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
reviews.takras.net for board game reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about solo play. As I couldnt find rules for it, it seemed to only be against your own score. And nothing random. That leaves only a puzzle: how to best play it solo. Not very giving - for me, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past, people have tracked this sort of thing in Geeklists:
Caverna - Solo end game player board pics
The Quest for 30 (and Beyond): Solo Glass Road End-Game Pictures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Couch
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did my first game tonight and got 66 points. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of randomness, so I am curious to play it again and see if/how I can improve scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has played this a lot - her best is 89. I've managed 85.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Fredrik Wahlin
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an 99. If I understood the improvement on #14 correctly i counted my 3's of hay with 1 Vp. I could have had 100 VP if I had remembered that I could have kept 1 animal in the house. I sent it to the slaughterhouse cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffawahha wrote:
I got an 99. If I understood the improvement on #14 correctly i counted my 3's of hay with 1 Vp. I could have had 100 VP if I had remembered that I could have kept 1 animal in the house. I sent it to the slaughterhouse cry

That's a good score! My wife has been addicted to this and bagged a 90 last night. I've only tried once and scored 86.

Improvement #14 - isn't that just leftover stuff (wood/clay/reeds/grain) can be traded for VP at 3:1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife bagged 103 points today ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Fredrik Wahlin
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
jaffawahha wrote:

That's a good score! My wife has been addicted to this and bagged a 90 last night. I've only tried once and scored 86.

Improvement #14 - isn't that just leftover stuff (wood/clay/reeds/grain) can be traded for VP at 3:1?

So improvement #14 could count as 3 grain for 1 VP?

Good job by the wife. Many fields.

Here is the final look of the 99 VP end game. Used reeds as sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Trelles
Denmark
flag msg tools
I've just finished my first one, and got 92 points.

I think I got the 5 players too soon. I know it's important, but in a solo game where most of the resources are safely replenished each round, maybe the soft spot is 4 players until later on.

I did get 9 fields, and the 3 biggest pastures. And was ALWAYS needing more wood.

Next time I'll try to coordinate the harvests better, so I get most points at the end. And probably try to get animals a bit earlier. I focused almost 100% on grains first (cheapest way to get food), letting the animals accumulate slowly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos smeets
Netherlands
flag msg tools
》30 sheep is impossible in a solo play

14 rounds and 6 harvests makes a max. of 20 sheep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Twickenham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the lack of randomness I would assume there is a theoretical maximum score.... and once some gets there then effective the solo gam is solved ...?

The race is on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.