Subject: Unofficial FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Slowly building up an Unofficial FAQ
At some point hopefully a designer (Jonathan Gilmour) can confirm.

FAQ

Q: Do Outsider cards count as item cards when trying to complete a secret objective?
A: Yes.

Q: Do you play event cards immediately?
A: The special Raxxon pills are just like the Outsiders event cards. They are only played when you want to play them.

Q: When using the Attract action, can I move zombies to a location with no spaces available for zombies?
A: No. Zombies can only be attracted and placed in empty spots.

Q: Can I spend food tokens to increase my action die result by one if I have no unused action dice left?
A: No. You may also not spend a food token to increase a die if the die is at 6.

Q: What happens if there are no empty spots at locations when exiling my survivors?
A: Choose a non-exiled Survivor and move their standee back to the Colony. This does not count as a move. They do not roll for exposure. The exiled player must move their exiled survivor into the now empty spot Immediately, following the normal rules. Repeat as necessary.

Q: Can an exiled player request cards or give cards to a player requesting cards?

Q: Can an exiled player contribute cards to the Main Objective?

Q: Can an exiled player add food tokens to the colony by playing a food card?
A: Yes. No, but they can give the cards to a non-exiled player if requested.
The reason the ruling change, is that cards played by an exiled player are removed from the game, and if it wasn't this way, the players could just funnel all the food to the exiled player to avoid the waste.

Q: Can an exiled player call to exile another player?
A: Yes. (Exiled player cannot vote though)

Q: Can exiled player still receive the first player token and decide voting ties?
A: Yes. Manual doesn't say they cannot.

Q: Which is used first, the barricade or the explosive trap?
A: WatchItPlayed video states that the first player (not the active player) decides whether the barricade or explosive trap is triggered.

Q: Do you replenish improvements after activation?
A: No (jgilmour). Manual is vague, WatchItPlayed video says Yes. They are OP.

Q: You can't confront the other zombies at all until the super-zombie is dealt with.
Since sniper and grenade launcher can be used to get rid of zombies in locations you are NOT at, does it get around the rule?

Q: Attract: Can you attract each zombie from different locations?
A: No.

Q: Can you use a medicine card to get rid of frost bite? It says it gets rid of a any wound token but I am not sure if the frost bite token counts as a wound token?
A: You sure can! Frostbite counts as a wound token. Despair cannot be removed by the common medicine card.

Q: Can Bandit Leader place the two Bandits at same location?
A: Yes. Manual doesn't say you cannot.

Q: If colony overrun, and no survivors, can you remove unruly before helpless survivor?
A: Yes. No mention in manual.

Q: Can you talk to other players about your secret objective?
A: First rule about secret objectives is don't talk about your secret objective. Not in manual.

Q: Can you talk to other players about the cards in your hand?
A: Try not to, you are hiding them for a reason. Build up game suspicion.

Q: If a Crisis has "7" as one of the locations for adding Bandits, but you are not playing with the Raxxon module, how do you place that Bandit (if at all)?
A: Don't place it. Not in manual. Not official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
At least one more question for the UFAQ:
Q: If a Crisis has "7" as one of the locations for adding Bandits, but you are not playing with the Raxxon module, how do you place that Bandit (if at all)?

I did ask this question but I'm still not sure what the official answer is.

I might edit this reply if I think of more legitimate TLN-specific questions with less-than-obvious answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
@Josh, don't play #7 cards when there is no Raxxon. (Not official)

Rule change:

Q: Can an exiled player add food tokens to the colony by playing a food card?
A: Yes. No, but they can give the cards to a non-exiled player if requested.
The reason the ruling change, is that cards played by an exiled player are removed from the game, and if it wasn't this way, the players could just funnel all the food to the exiled player to avoid the waste.

Q: Can exiled player still receive the first player token and decide voting ties?
A: Yes. Manual doesn't say they cannot.

Nice, jgilmour jumped in to say No to replenishing improvement cards.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1657648/improvements-questi...
Q: Do you replenish improvements after activation?
A: No (jgilmour). Manual is vague, WatchItPlayed video says Yes. They are OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlock00 wrote:
Q: Which is used first, the barricade or the explosive trap?

I found this on the PlaidHat homepage

"Wait, what’s an explosive trap?! It’s something new that you’ll find on the back of every barricade in The Long Night. They trigger before normal barricades when it’s time to place a zombie at a full location. Not only do they prevent that zombie from being placed, but they destroy all of the other zombies at that location or colony entrance as well!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senkan Yamato
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Super evil = Probably a Good special
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions:

Do crisis cards affect exiled players? Mainly the hunters one.

Can Kumar reduce the morale drop to 0 if there are 2 exiled players and both weren't betrayers with his special ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.