Rory's Story Cubes» Forums » Variants

Subject: Boggle Story Cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Farnsworth
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
So I came across something pretty cool, and am still trying to figure out some good applications, but could use your ideas. It turns out that story cubes work incredibly well in a Boggle tray. Just shake it up, and BAM! You have a 4x4 grid of random symbols. Initially I was thinking of playing a story version of Boggle but I see so much more potential here. What games or activities can you guys think of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One person writes a story or poem using the images in order row-by-row (perhaps a 4-chapter story or 4-stanza poem?).
The other person makes a story or poem column-by-column.

Then compare them and hopefully be amused?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One person draws a cartoon using 4 dice in a row (horiz., vert., or diag.) and the other person/people have to guess at which row was referenced. First to deduce correctly wins a point. If only two players, then you may set a timer to determine the awarding of said point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.