Subject: First game - fun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Petersen
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Bought this today. Read the rules at work before coming home.

Not really knowing any strategy, I started with the easy side, summer, as per the suggestion. Solo.

I got my two climbers over 6K meters with both of them close to 5 acclimation.

I split them and one went to the right and placed a tent just before 7K and the other crossed over to the left and placed a tent just over the 7K line.

Because of weather issues the climber on the right side was totally stuck in his tent for around 4 turns. He had used up acclimation point and could only rest to regroup.

The climber to the left started up the mountain. On turn 16 he summitted but died that same day....nothing could have saved him.

There was a storm coming in to the 6K plus zone and with only one acclimation left the right side climber luckily descended below 6K and made it to a safe area and survived.

It was cool that one climber was totally stuck for quite a few turns while the other had the reserves and the tent a little higher helped a lot in getting him to the summit.

Got a whopping 5 points.

Learned a bit and had a lot of fun.

After a week of playing Mage Knight, this game was a nice break!

Looking forward to more solo and some games with my kid....very cool game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fun game and it does solo well. enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Of all my games, this one is in my top 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.