Hide
6 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Haunt 42 help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny Chapman
msg tools
It says as a survivor that we must use 1 of 4 specific items to activate the statue. We went through every room on all floors and the safe and vault and still never drew any of the 4 items to activate the statue.

Does this mean all of us die? We had no event cards or anything, we just ran away until we died. Am I missing something? Is it possible we just lose without even activating the statue?

Help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in a while, but are the 4 cards actually omens? Some of those appear to be items if you just see their names listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hastur666 wrote:
I haven't played in a while, but are the 4 cards actually omens? Some of those appear to be items if you just see their names listed.

3 of the 4 are omens, yes.

If you went through all of the rooms, you had at least one of the items. You just didn't realize it. That or the traitor had them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Chapman
msg tools
How do you get them from the traitor? Can't you not steal things from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you make a standard attack. If you succeed, instead if damage, you steal the item. It's in the rulebook, so check there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kchaps123 wrote:
How do you get them from the traitor? Can't you not steal things from them?

Only certain omens cannot be dropped, traded or stolen. If an omen does not say otherwise, it can be dropped, traded or stolen. In fact, many omens such as the Holy Symbol are critical to allowed to be dropped, traded or stolen or else certain haunts would not work.

To steal, you make a normal attack roll with a non-ranged weapon. If your attack roll inflicts 2 or more points of damage (in other words, your roll is 2 or more than theirs), you can forgo ALL damage and instead choose to take an item from their person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.