$30.00
Sang-Beom Han
South Korea
Seongnam-si
Gyeonggi-do
flag msg tools
Can I use Bribery token at Strategy step?

EX) Athens's turn is begin. He has Prepare card "HELOTS ATTRATED TO THE OCCUPATION OF PYLOS" face-down on the table. And, Messenia is not exist enemy's pieces.

Strategy step. First, He remove any of his used Bribery tokens from the map. Next, he placed a Bribery token in Messenia. And he reveal "HELOTS..." card. So, he place a City in Messenia.

Is it possable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Owen
United Kingdom
Appleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to the rules (p13), bribery tokens can be played at any time even during an opponent's turn. So yes the sequence you mention is permitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Appleyard
Scotland
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And to follow on from that if I read it correctly I wouldn't even have to have a readily available bribery token in the pot to do this? I could remove a token from the board at the start of the strategy step, immediately buy it again at the cost of one discard, immediately play it onto a location and then reveal a prepare card in the strategy phase that allows me to build a city in that location. The bribery token doesn't need to be supplied and the city self-supplies so essentially you can just pop up on the map anywhere where you have a city building card (as long as an opponent does not already occupy that space?)

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Simon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Appleyard
Scotland
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.