Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

i just go through some updates on the KS and have some questions:

so, this card is only usefull if you activte the darkness outside of the refresh phase? (because you would have cleared this card from your action slot before the refresh phase)

what means "kills are considered holy"?

what are the "2 actions" for the fury skill mean?

same here, what does the additional action do?

do i have to play it before harvest of bones, or can i play it just for the 3 rage bonus without playing HoB?

targets each square means that i have to roll seperate for each enemy? even if they are all the same (for example 4 grubbers)

what is the benefit of revealing the next tile?

what are command tokens and how do i add them?

that is enough for now :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) the 2nd part is only used during the currect HC yes, but the reset+2 is still usefull.

2)it is as if you hae the keyword Holy (= no resurection for undead)

3)you can play a 2nd Action Card (you are only authorised 1 normally)

4) same answer

5) you cannot play it if you don't play harvest

6) no it is working exactly like the other Dash cards only 1 dice pool

7) to prepare yourself better fo the next tile? to be honest i don't think i will use it

8) some other Command card from this path give command tokens to your ally, they give some kind of bonuses you ally can use during his activation, they had to do this because he activate during the refresh phase and when it happens you won't have the hero cards anymore, the tokens are here to remind you have the buff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you very much.

you seem to be a myth expert so here are to general questions, they are obvious i think but i don´t have the rule book infront of me:

1. when you have to increase the AP during the refresh phase based on the active monsters, how exactly does this work?

when i have 3 grubbers, 2 grubber captains and a tailess infront of me.

do i increase by 3 or only 2? what is the rule?

attacking

dash for example lets you roll only 1 attack
so 2 grubbers and 2 tailless in a dash 4 means i have to roll once my dicepool and allocate the dice to the two groups.

but sometimes i saw in one of the videos that brian rolled 3 times his dicepool for every grubber (i don´t remember what card it was)

so what is the differnets in the card text that makes it clear that i roll either for every target once, or i roll only one time and have to assign rolls to the groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) it is 1 AP per type here you have 1 for all the Tribal, and 1 for all the rodents

2) i really don't know wich video you are refering to sorry, hard to answer

When you dash you roll 1 dice pool, you assign succes exactly like what you do for an area attack (1 succes for all the minion of the same type for example), if you have enough success you complete your move, if you don't have enough succes you have to chose one you are killing and you must stop before the 1rst one you are NOT killing leaving the ones further in your path untouched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to ask my own questions about these since this is the first time I've seen them.

1. Keeper of the Sacred flame - Presumably the darkness meter might be set to say 5 when you play this card and you reset it to 0 without triggering a darkness cycle, then set the darkness meter to 2. Then on the NEXT darkness cycle triggered attacks by enemies are harder to hit you by 2. However you could make a case for this card TRIGGERING a darkness cycle, but one where you would be harder to hit which is a less good outcome.

2. More than Conquerors - As said previously, this card prevents a shambler from rolling resurrection in the presence of a monster who can do that (like the shambler captain). But then is the mendicant the Acolyte? He's the only one who would benefit by faith right?

3. Overwhelming Rage - this one is curious. How can you play this card if ALL the action spaces are filled with rage cards? Do you get to play this as if you had an additional action space? Or is it 3 rage cards plus this one? And is the two actions mean merely that you have 2 attack actions to use THEN? Or do you actually put down 4 rage cards and do nothing else and get a token. And THEN on the next hero cycle you have two additional attacks? I wouldn't know how to interpret this one.

4. The Hard Way - I think I understand the intent of this one. The Easy way lets you draw a card from the discard deck, but it is itself an action. Therefore if you draw the big attack action, you can't play it that turn because it too is an action. With this card you CAN play it. The extra dice for non combat actions could be useful too.

5. Battle Tempest - This one is interesting. It causes harvest of bones to kill not 4 minions (3 plus the 1 you get from your internal rage) but every minion around you? 360 degrees? If so, not sure what the extra rage does for you. I guess you could use it for another reaction card. Also generating this much threat is going to be risky.

6. Slaughter's Path - It's an interrupt card so it's played only during the darkness cycle. So normally you don't move during a darkness cycle, but here you can dash 2 (move 2 squares in any sort of direction) and roll a single attack based on your melee weapon and add 2 D10 to the roll?

7. Eyes of the Outworld - This could be useful. Think about it. You play it when your ally is next to the next tile. Normally you step on and it may or may not activate depending on threat distances. Also there could be a trap with a timer or a quest with a timer. But you can move on (maybe at double normal movement if you're using the double movement before you go onto the next tile rule) and you have one turn to move anywhere you want where even if the darkness activates, nothing happens. THEN you start the next HC and maybe you can deactivate a trap or satisfy a quest that you couldn't normally do so easily. Still very situational.

8. To the End - Yes there are rules missing here, probably in the new manual or in other cards. We don't know how the command tokens are generated but presumably like much of Myth you build them up and then use this card to trigger a frenzy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) reset = set to 0, you don't trigger a DC, but even after being at 2 you can trigger a DC during the same HC, you just have to spend 4 AP. Wich is more likely to happen with the more costly JM cards

2) I don't understand your question, mendicant is the path of the acolyte. But even without that, if you have the Holy keyword (via an item for example or any effect) you gain the keyword's use, you don't have to be the Acolyte.

3) A rage card is not only a card played face down, a card with the Rage keyword IS a rage card. The effect last for the whole remaining of the Tile. So yes you are likely to "sacrifice" a turn doing not a lot (unless you can play another rage card with an effect) to gain this huge buff for some turns.

5) it says ALL adjacent square, so yes it is 360°

6) in journeyman they added card that let you move agressively, this one is one of them, you cannot play it during the SAME DC if you play an interrupt card with only the no move available.

8) i explained it before, it is mentionned in the rulebook but it is self explanatory in the other cards (when you play this card give the command token named "name of the card" to your ally, on his next activation you can discard the token to gain X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks.

Regarding 2, what I was thinking was that when you played this card, all the other heroes were getting holy attacks (great against undead) but that the Acolyte playing the card was the one that got the faith, not the heroes conducting the attack. Does that seem right?

Also good point about the rage. I was thinking just face down cards. Does the effect last for the whole rest of the tile? If so that's pretty great.

I have to say these look interesting. I'm going to have to buy them on eBay since I wasn't in time to do the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
msg tools
Re No 2 - ONE hero is assigned the ability to have holy attacks with that card, then any kills made by that hero grant faith to the Medicant(Advanced Acolyte) (a differnet hero to the one with the holy effect possibly but not necessarily)
So for example the Medicant can play the card to grant 'holy' to the Brigand, who then goes on a Suicide Run, all the kills from that add 1 faith each to the Medicant who then casts the 'Last Rites' from hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another question

the card says it can only be used if you move your full movement or agressive. it is not a movment card itself (which would mean agressive movement)

so in order to play it i have to move normal.

so for example i can just go one square back and one forth? (so it should just prevent me from using it if i am surrounded?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
another question

the card says it can only be used if you move your full movement or agressive. it is not a movment card itself (which would mean agressive movement)

so in order to play it i have to move normal.

so for example i can just go one square back and one forth? (so it should just prevent me from using it if i am surrounded?)

It looks like you would either play an extra movement card first, like hustle, or just move 2 and if you couldn't then yes it would stop you playing it. But if you could move 2 (or more with an aggressive move card) then you generate MORE movement of 2 for each interrupt card you play on the card. You could conceivably move through/kill a lot of minions if you had a few interrupt cards. Tricky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.