BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Games with the most dice rolled at once rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just pure idle curiosity. What games have you rolling the most dice simultaneously for a single roll?

I know Arkham Horror can give you quite a fistful with lots of item usage, and Firefly Shiny Dice has you rolling all 15 to start off every round, but there have to be some games that go way beyond this.

Theoretically, Pandemic The Cure could have you rolling all 48 infection dice if you managed to do some astonishingly poor management of the treatment center, and subsequently got an epidemic (and you would almost certainly lose immediately from the cavalcade of outbreaks), but I doubt anybody has ever hit more than 15-20 at most in a normal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonie van der Tweel
msg tools
mb
The Yamato (Battleship) from the game Axis and Allies Naval Miniatures War at Sea, rolls 18 dice when attacking with its main armament
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine would be Axis & Allies. Back in high school, rolling for stacks & stacks of Russian infantry & hoping for ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet combat in Exodus: Proxima Centauri can be excessive, especially with the expansion. Battles of 40-50 dice vs 40-50 dice (and possible another few players with lots of dice involved too) are possible at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
Fleet combat in Exodus: Proxima Centauri can be excessive, especially with the expansion. Battles of 40-50 dice vs 40-50 dice (and possible another few players with lots of dice involved too) are possible at the end.

That's awesome. Good thing it doesn't have a solo variant, or I'd probably be tempted to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
An attack of something like goblin archers in Warhammer FB easily has you rolling 60 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
Nicholas M wrote:

That's awesome. Good thing it doesn't have a solo variant, or I'd probably be tempted to buy it.

The expansion had a campaign booklet with 4 or 5 solo missions. But you won't roll that many dice there (maybe 20-30 at a time max) and I think it is not included in the standard retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Without any multipliers (from weapons or archers), this game requires 20 dice at a time.

Tuf-abet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
In Tobruk: Tank Battles in North Africa 1942

The 40mm Bofors allowed for 35 shots per turn, if target was acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Orks in warhammer 40k.
A full squad of boyz with a warboss and a nob getting the charge off will roll 120+ dice.
Goodtimes people...good...times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mb
Shadowrun has you rolling excessive amounts of dice, although that's an RPG. Not 120+ like mentioned above though... jeez laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
In Kings of War, its pretty common to get attacks with 40-60 dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titan
If you had a stack of serpents(?). start gathering all the dice in the house, about 12 dice per serpent iirc but with a low hit rate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
I play Orks in warhammer 40k.
A full squad of boyz with a warboss and a nob getting the charge off will roll 120+ dice.
Goodtimes people...good...times.

Ha ha, sweet. That's well past the point where I would just pull out the iPhone (after the first time, anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Games with the most times dice RE-rolled at once
surprise How about "RE-rolls" where the DICE haven't even been properly 'rolled' since they "missed/bounced/flown" elsewhere's INSTEAD? soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Dragon Dice, unsurprisingly, can get way up there, though armies rarely get that huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nukeu666 wrote:
Titan
If you had a stack of serpents(?). start gathering all the dice in the house, about 12 dice per serpent iirc but with a low hit rate

It's even more--Serpents roll 18 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
nukeu666 wrote:
Titan

It's even more--Serpents roll 18 dice.

I still remember my stack of 4 serpents....who lost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grand Austria Hotel has a bunch. I forget how many though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror can sometimes get a bit ridiculous, but likely no more than 10-12 on a single roll between using skills, items and stats.

If we count two players rolling dice simultainiously, then Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn has you rolling 20 dice between two players at the start of every round (Or 40 between four if for some reason you're playing 4 player)

I think I've had... Memorable... Pandemic: The Cure rolls of about 15-20, but that's rare.

Actually if we're counting players rolling dice simultaneously, Escape: The Curse of the Temple has at times 25 dice being rolled simultaneously at the start of a five player game (and then typically in staccato, with people choosing to reroll dice, using and rerolling them, constantly but not in sync with each other due to the real time nature of the game)

One die per figure in BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia so battles in that can get inconvenient quite easily, especially with how stingy the game is with dice in that and that they're custom dice, doubt it's hit 20 in a battle between the two armies for us, though.

Six dice per player in Thrash'n Roll for 24 dice in a four player game being rolled at the start of each round.

All of which makes Stone Age's maximum of 10 (which is never actually going to be done because that would mean you'd put all 10 of your guys into... Hunting and Gathering)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My presonal record was in Frag.

Portable Nuke Over/Under with Heavy Machine gun - 16 dice.
Double Damage Cheat - 32 Dice.
Double Damage Accessory - 64 dice.

64 D6, and you have to add the values together once you roll them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gizensha wrote:
Actually if we're counting players rolling dice simultaneously, Escape: The Curse of the Temple has at times 25 dice being rolled simultaneously at the start of a five player game (and then typically in staccato, with people choosing to reroll dice, using and rerolling them, constantly but not in sync with each other due to the real time nature of the game)

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that one. I had to buy little color-coded felt player mats, both for easy identification of players, and to muffle all the dice flying around, so we can actually hear the sound track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A full compliment of players for Las Vegas and Las Vegas Boulevard combined is a good amount of bones rattling around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Spiel 1E has 281 dice. It's a collection of a bunch of games. I suspect the situations in which they might all be rolled at once are limited to things like setup.

VisualEyes has 19, but it's the large size of the dice makes it stand out. I don't have it handy, but I think they're 25mm cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gizensha wrote:
Arkham Horror can sometimes get a bit ridiculous, but likely no more than 10-12 on a single roll between using skills, items and stats.

In one game of Arkham Horror we realized about mid game that it would be impossible for us to win by closing gates, and so focused on beating the Great Old One in the end. Thanks to Clue Tokens, I rolled 30-ish dice for my first attack...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.