Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I looked here, and through the Devastation Extended forums and cannot find my answer, exactly. I posted in the DE forums but have had no response there.

I have the original War, then I KSed War Remastered at the level that gave me War Extended ($20 pledge), Fate (free), and I also added Devastation Extended ($15) on the same KS. It came with Devastation Extended as both a flat pack, and a box.

Now, in the forums, I see some differences mentioned between the 2 versions of DE (chibi, etc), but I cannot see where the similarities lie.

My question:

If I use the flat pack (1st ed), am I missing out on anything if I do not use the box version (2nd ed)? Keep in mind that I have the original War.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall the flat pack is not complete, it's just different standee versions pixel, chibi, and alts. The box will be the current complete which has alt powers, alt standees and Borneo and juto. I might be missing something else in there. The original edition had those as a separate pack of cards, but I don't think they shipped those with the ks. Did that make sense, because I can say it another way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, my flat pack has Juto and Borneo, as well as 2 versions of standees. There are also some Armory cards, War updates, new tokens. I may have more, but I mixed it with my other stuff. I just never opened the box version (in case of a trade/sell). Hence, the original question. I do not want to open the box if I get nothing new out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, they sent you the card pack as well as the flat pack of standees. Umm, in that case I'm not certain there is anything for you in the boxed version. Maybe somebody else has them both? I have the boxed version and my friend has the old loose version, but he wouldn't be able to say what was in it anymore. I'll try to dig up my box later and see if it's got a contents listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I thought the boxed version had strictly LESS stuff in it than the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio P
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
The 2nd edition Extended doesn't have:

- Chibi and Pixel standees for all the War and Devastation characters (and Devastation bosses).
- Armory cards (they are different from the Armory box set, but there are only one copy of each card and have a slighty different layout).
- Revised 1st edition War cards (if you have War remastered, you don't need them).

So, if you only care about the playable content, you will miss only the Armory cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! So, since I do not have War Remastered, it sounds like there is no reason to open my 2nd Ed of DE anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.