Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some experience with aFAoS, but this would be my first time playing Hands. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can set up a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never done it before this way, but I'll do it with you if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, let's give it a try, if only to give me a feel for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying my first game PBEM as well, using Judd's PBEM version of the the VASSAL mod.

Judd, there is so much more in the Live module. What makes the Live module unusable for PBEM play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
I'm trying my first game PBEM as well, using Judd's PBEM version of the the VASSAL mod.

Judd, there is so much more in the Live module. What makes the Live module unusable for PBEM play?

The live version works for either. The thing is, there maybe a bug somewhere in the live version with all of the automation. There are so many possibilities that even with me playtesting it for 6 weeks, somebody still found one (When Carthage drafts Diplomacy, it was removing 2 silver from which ever side for raids, pillages, and attacks, instead of just Rome).

The PBEM game is a no-frills module: almost nothing is automated. Drag and drop cards and type out what you doing. The live version saves you a lot of time in a continuous session, but in a PBEM game that could go on for months, I figure finding a bug would be annoying and you really are not concerned with time, since each play is a bite-sized chunk, so I gave players the option to take that version.

At the same time, the live version has manual overrides all over it so that if there is a bug, you can easily fix it. For the example above, if Carthage has the Diplomacy card and raids, it removes 2 silver from them. You just manually add 2 silver. Or let's just say you are down to 1 silver: you could either add 2 and then raid or just discard the card and announce your raid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I think we may find we wished we'd tried the Live version for the PBEM game after all. Next time I'll try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got one going but would be happy to add one more. Go ahead and PM me and we'll set one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.