Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Big Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Washburn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What's the largest game of Armada you've ever played? With experienced players, how big a game do you think would be practical (as opposed to 'possible')? 1000 points a side? 2000? More?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
500 is the biggest I've played. I could imagine going up to 600 pretty easily. Past that you might be able to manage 1000 points if you had a whole afternoon or evening to get your game done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played out The Battle of Endor we had 536 points of Imperials (plus the Death Star) and 640 points of Rebels. Fun game, but it took a loooong time to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bird94us wrote:
When we played out The Battle of Endor we had 536 points of Imperials (plus the Death Star) and 640 points of Rebels. Fun game, but it took a loooong time to play.

I await that batrep eagerly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Durand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've tested 500, 600 and 800.

500 is not so different from 400pts. 600 is interesting to play.

800pts is not playable. For example, my friend played Empire with Motti inside and several Star Destroyers (ISDs and VSDs), and 11 TiE Interceptors = slaughter.
It was so unbalanced. I played Riekan, I think you're forced to play Ackbar to give the Rebel fleet a chance to survive. SO, on 800pts, few Admirals become monsters on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
bird94us wrote:

I await that batrep eagerly

Click the link. It's all there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Washburn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
How about big games with multiple players each commanding a task force of say, 300 points? Could you have 3 on a side for a total of 900 points, but each 300 point task force must be a self-contained force?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Durand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ScottWasburn wrote:
How about big games with multiple players each commanding a task force of say, 300 points? Could you have 3 on a side for a total of 900 points, but each 300 point task force must be a self-contained force?

Playing this way, each fleet should have its own Admiral, or no Admiral at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottWasburn wrote:

I did this with 4 people when the core set came out. Didn't take all that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shriek shriek
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
We did a 900 v 900 but special rule no squadrons. Lots of fun. Took awhile but totally worth it. 300 pts (1/3rd) for squadrons would have been a huge cluster****.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We ran a 6 week campaign at my game store with 8 players (4 rebels 4 imperials). The final mission of the campaign was a 4 v 4 battle with full tournament points for each player with all uniques being unique for the entire team. Admirals abilities were global, as were Howlrunner like abilities. We used 3 play mats (3x3's) and 3 sets of asteroids. There were 4 active players at a time (opposite rebel / imperial player pairs) to keep the game moving. During equal activations attacks were considered simultaneous. You could game it, but we tried to keep it moving and finished our 1600 on 1600 battle in under 3 hours.

Activation 1:
AxAx
xBxB

Activation 2:
xAxA
BxBx

back and forth till all players passed for the round, then the death star fired, then next round.

It was lots of fun and us Imperials got totally smashed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Weston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A buddy and I spent a day and played a 999 point battle. Truly epic. Lots of explosions. Turns 1-3 took several hours. Turns 4-6 were quick as so many ships and squadrons had died on turn 3.

Try it at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.