Abdul Rahman Ibrahim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to throw this in here first and then grow it as I gather feedbacks.

Pocket Battles would be a 2 player skirmish game where players play on a small area (3' x 3' for example) and pit 2 armies against each other. With 18 cards plus rules and something for battle resolution, it's going to be tight. But here's the outline I've got so far based on the number of cards to be utilized:

Rules: 3 cards, double sided.
Battle resolution, to replace dice: 3 cards.
Army cards: 4 cards per player (8 cards total), double sided: Each card side will have 1 regiment with all the necessary information (unit size, attack, defense, points cost, etc)
Terrain: 3 cards.
Ruler: 1 card.

Ideally the Army cards should be sleeved and wounds/status effects can be recorded on each card by marking with a white board marker.

Army building will be based on points. Most likely resolved by shuffling the cards, dealing 4 to each player and then choosing the proper sides to build an X point army.

I think the biggest challenge here would be cramming a typical war game ruleset into 3 poker sized cards and make it easy enough for people to understand and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.