Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Invading Warp Civilizations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Federali Aundy
msg tools
I had a question regarding how to resolve a planetary invasion of a warp-capable civilization.

Say a planet has a production node on it and the planet is taken successfully with the node intact. Does the invader get an immediate free control node to place or does he have to build one? If he has to build one, is he allowed to build right away or does he have to wait until the next turn?

I just found it odd that one could invade a planet successfully but not be able to mark it as such immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After any successful invasion, the attacker gets to place his control node on the planet for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Control nodes can be placed in two ways. During your build phase, you can colonize a world with no nodes of any kind (either because it was discovered that way or because of a total annihilation result during an invasion) or you can place a control node after a successful invasion, replacing the one that was already there if you invaded a rival.

Control nodes are not ever built on planets that contain resource nodes, nor can they ever be destroyed by anything other than a total annihilation invasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federali Aundy
msg tools
That's what I thought. The rules seemed at first to indicate replacing an already existing control node, but obviously there is no control node on a warp-capable, non-rival civ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Federali_Aundy wrote:
That's what I thought. The rules seemed at first to indicate replacing an already existing control node, but obviously there is no control node on a warp-capable, non-rival civ.

I believe it says to place a control node after a successful invasion, replacing the one that was already there if you were invading a rival.

I've edited my post to reflect that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.