Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Bachelor
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi,

I had some silly questions. I think I know the answers (there's an obvious interpretation), but I just wanted to double check as I dig into this beautiful game.

1)When drawing from the investigation deck to assist with a Dread card, do you keep drawing cards one at a time until you are satisfied and decide to stop? Or, is it the type of thing where you name a number of cards, and then draw that number (and then no more)?

2)After completing a chapter (I) and setting up for a new chapter (II), do you put three new confidence cards in the investigation deck (like with the set up for the first chapter)? I'm assuming no, but I know there were some rules omissions, so I wanted to make sure.

Thanks so much!
-Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand,

(1) You can keep burning them until you decide to stop. When investigating a plot however, once you decide to roll the dice, you can't use any more cards, items, or virtue from that character.

(2) I don't think so, but if you are playing with allies, you add one confidence card for every ally that a character has with them and then discard all allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What Matt said.

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Bachelor
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
also got a question concerning the investigation deck.

At the game setup I place 3 Confidence cards on the investigation box.
So during chapter 1 all the players got are those 3 cards to help out
with solving dread cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Markus,

Remember that when you successfully investigate a Dread card, it goes into your Investigation Deck.

So at the very beginning of Chapter 1, you are right, your team will have only the 3 Confidence cards in the deck. But hopefully, the deck will grow from there.

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Yum
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lublang wrote:
Hi Markus,

Remember that when you successfully investigate a Dread card, it goes into your Investigation Deck.

So at the very beginning of Chapter 1, you are right, your team will have only the 3 Confidence cards in the deck. But hopefully, the deck will grow from there.

Asger

Hello,

After a successful investigation, do you put the Dread card on the top of the Investigation deck, face up or down, do you shuffle it in?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Holgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
ryum wrote:
Hello,

After a successful investigation, do you put the Dread card on the top of the Investigation deck, face up or down, do you shuffle it in?

Thanks.

You put it on top of the Investigation deck face down. The Investigation deck is always shuffled before drawing from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.