Subject: Game length with Warriors added rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Greubel
United States
Merrick
New York
flag msg tools
I've played a couple of games with the expansion now and I've noticed that it has really ballooned the length of our games from 2 - 2.5 to around 4 hours. I'm not sure if this is us just not having a firm grasp on the new strategies yet and having to think more/not being as efficient or just the reality of the expansion. What are other people's experience with the change in game length?

Also when you guys have been playing has it been typical for every faction to come in? It has for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played 3 games with the expansion. All three were also LOME games. It definitely took longer. Part of the reason was the players were not familiar with the rules so there was a lot of explaining/thinking during the game. I think, however, that even if both sides thoroughly understand the rules and strategy games with Warriors added will take longer. There is one extra die and one extra card every turn to deal with in addition to the call to battle cards. I guess Warriors games will add 30 minutes at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I found my first game was a little longer. But we also were mostly interested in trying all the new factions so that might have added to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King in Green
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
After one or two less than perfect experiences with LOME I'm holding off on purchasing this for awhile for just this reason. As much as I love the idea of all these extra factions for most of my available opponents the base game is more than enough. And staring at a monitor really cuts into the fun around hour 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.