$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is yes, but can insane investigators use relics? I can't find anywhere that says they can't, but it seems a bit cheap sometimes.

And is it just me, or is the Reporter's insane ability really good? Taking a card (matching her current town) from the discard, and as a free action no less. In a four investigator game, she'd be my first pick to go insane whenever I was forced to choose, and I'd consider making her go insane intentionally if the situation warranted it. That said, I've only really used her in 2p so far where going insane is always a big risk. Am I overvaluing the ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, insane Investigators can use Relics and they must still roll the insanity die, just in case the summon two cultists symbols comes up. Of course, they ignore any further sanity loss.

Regarding the insane power of the Reporter...it's pretty useful indeed. Maybe she knows something the rest of us doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thankyou. I like the way going insane can sometimes be a benefit, that's really interesting. Also, having the two cultist spawn as one of the faces on the dice is genius. So many times that has forced nice risk vs reward decisions in my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I realised yesterday that I'd skim read the insane side of the Reporter card and was playing it wrongly. I'd assumed she simply lost her enhanced mobility, but actually she can't use the buses at all! This makes a big difference and I understand why she has her other insane ability now.

I love her thematically as a character. As an ace reporter she has uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time. Once her grip on sanity slips however, she becomes a gibbering wreck who refuses to get on the bus because that's how they find you, and instead prefers to trail through darkened lanes and back alleys, pausing only to dig through people's trash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that her ability is once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.