BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Boardgame modifications, where should i post? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
So lately i've been working on a retheming of a semi-popular card game. I'm in no shape or form finished but still woulf like some criticism and or opinions. The question is, where should i make a thread?

The variants section under the game it self? But then i'm limiting my self to the ones who probsbly like the original as it is.

Under WIP in game design? But it's not really my own thing, just a retheming etc, don't wanna rustle the wrong feathers...

Where is the correct place to post? I just dont want to spam all over the place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Under within its entry of "Rules" were it pertaining generally about those. Were it yet another 'creation beyond', then Variant since it should comprise additions containing past their Base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always post mine in the variants section. But then, I also have a geeklist that aggregates all my tweaks to get them a little extra visibility. Link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

By posting in the game's forums you get people who actually own and/or play the game. If you want a critique that's where you'll get it. Yes, there are people who will say why bother, but you can ignore the pointless comments and take what you need from those who offer you something constructive.
WIP is fine to talk about the pros and cons of the the type of changes you're making, but you won't necessarily get comments that are specific to the game.
I don't see why you couldn't do both, linking one to the other pointing out that you're looking for as wide a response as possible.
Good luck with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.