3 Posts

Collection (fan expansion for 7 Wonders)» Forums » General

Subject: How do you do print n' play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josep Domenech Mingot
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi everyone, I assume this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find an answer.

I just got into 7 Wonders, and when I was looking at the expansion list in bgg, I found a great amount of fanmade expansions. I've never done print n' play because I'm quite a clumsy being, but since the components of this game are simple cards and boards, I thought I could give it a try and maybe print a couple of wonders.

So, I got to it and printed a board and a card in paper to try it out. While it's certainly serviceable to play, it doesn't give the sensation an official game component would give, which is why I come to you.

Which materials would I use to print this cards and boards to have a good quality component in the end? Could you guide me through the process?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
You could look at this thread: All the DIY Links You Never Knew You Needed. If you want you can always have someone else do it if you think you don't have the skills and/or resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In case you haven't seen it, I'll link to this guide.

Originally I got my PnP boards from PnP Productions because they were cheap and really nice quality. I now use onlinelabels, a laserprinter at a copy shop, and 2 mm chipboard. That last has a lot of names just in English. Unfortunately, I don't know the British or Spanish ones. My boards aren't good enough for me to think they're professional, but after a few shots (and with the sheer number of PnP boards in my set--I may have a problem), my friends don't question whether the boards they choose to play are official or not.

PnP Productions cut cards which fit in great, but my homemade attempts stand out. My solution was to sleeve all the cards and just put labels over extras for any I make myself so that the backs match up. They still stand out, but only if you can see the front. Drafting still works fine this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.