Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm thinking of making a gaming table from scratch, and I've been looking at some poker table designs for inspiration. I want to make a table that's big enough to accomodate larger games, so I'm thinking of making a 4' by 6' ovalar design (4' by 8' sheets of plywood seem to be the norm).

As I'm trying to visualize what the table would feel like to play on though, it seems like having a table that large would make it difficult to manipulate tokens and such on a central board (something that poker players don't have to worry about), which got me wondering if there are fundamental differences between designing a good poker table and a good gaming table. For instance, it seems that a gaming table should be lower than a poker table, to give players a better view of the entire board.

If anyone has any advice or personal experience they think I should take into account, I'd love to hear it. Also, if there are any other relevant threads, I'd love to be directed to them (I had a hard time finding anything myself).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.