Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I tried searching for this but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I haven't opened any more ships since wave 7. Partially because of time partially because of the change in peg size. I didn't want to get them mixed and have a bigger issue.

Since wave 7, has the issue continued? Or did they go back to the old sizes? How big of an issue is this?

Looking to get my backlog of ships opened and sorted so we can get the "new" ships played. Just wondering if I need to mark them or not worry about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reynolds
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm a new player just starting in. First time i've heard about any issue with the ship pegs. Could you give me a brief fill in on what the issue or change is? I've got almost 40 ships for Star Trek: Attack Wing, as well i only have my ships on one peg, so if what i have for that is better, i'll just use those.

That being said though, is there anything in the rules that say i am required to use 2 pegs per ship base, or is 1 completely acceptable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The size of the pegs were either slightly smaller or larger. I think this was on the small ships but not the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Lin
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All pegs of the small ship continued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
They're still a little mixed up, but it's not worth not opening ships for. It takes only a few seconds to hunt up a well-fitting peg for any given ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can use any number of pegs you want.

Pegs aren't really an issue. They all tend to open up a little over time and become loose. When I get loose ones, I just add a tiny dab of postertack on the end of the loose peg and it holds just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Decepticons wrote:
I'm a new player just starting in. First time i've heard about any issue with the ship pegs. Could you give me a brief fill in on what the issue or change is? I've got almost 40 ships for Star Trek: Attack Wing, as well i only have my ships on one peg, so if what i have for that is better, i'll just use those.

That being said though, is there anything in the rules that say i am required to use 2 pegs per ship base, or is 1 completely acceptable?

There's no rule preventing you from using only one peg.

ColtsFan76 wrote:
I tried searching for this but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I haven't opened any more ships since wave 7. Partially because of time partially because of the change in peg size. I didn't want to get them mixed and have a bigger issue.

Since wave 7, has the issue continued? Or did they go back to the old sizes? How big of an issue is this?

Looking to get my backlog of ships opened and sorted so we can get the "new" ships played. Just wondering if I need to mark them or not worry about it.

The newer pegs continue to use the new peg size. I picked up a couple of the colored bases, which works great because I can easily tell them apart from the old pegs, and my ships look fabulous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always go with the magnet route. Even just some flat ones would work. I've done that with some Tie Fighters and some flat magnets I had for other games. Or, you can go with the ball bearing and washer type magnet thing that looks really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.