Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: The Haves vs the Have Nots (Poll) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing that many people don't have the game yet, and some do.

I was very lucky to snag mine. In Toronto, I usually buy from 401 Games. They had a bunch on pre-order and then a month ago or so *bam!* they had nothing in stock. They couldn't promise when they'd supply more. That was pre-orders mind you.

So I kept my eye on Meeplemart and the day it was released I went down and grabbed a box. A few days later, I noticed they were sold out.

I'm not sure on the availability in Toronto, but if both 401 and Meeplemart are sold out, I think this game is out of stock.

I have a feeling there was only a limited release of this game, or there was a problem with shipping, or not enough were made to meet demand.

My poll is just a way to see who either wants to buy the game but can't find it/is stuck on a pre-order wait list vs those who have the game (Genconers or people like me).

Poll
Do you own a copy of Ascendancy?
Yes, I have the Game!
I want this game but can't find it or am stuck on the pre-order queue. Khaaaaan!
      141 answers
Poll created by R2EQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really answer your poll fairly. I pre-ordered the game through my closest retailer here in Wilsonville. Since this is the shop where I do 2/3rds of my board gaming and the store owner is somewhat of a friend, I make it a point to buy at least two or three games a year from him. He has not received his copies yet. However, I have seen the game in stock at a larger FLGS is downtown Portland. I know that the two stores use different distributors, so I'm not surprised that one has it while the other doesn't. In theory, I could own a copy of the game if I really wanted it, but I'm not going to renege on my promise to buy the game from my local guy.

Personal decisions aside, if you dig through the forums you can read about the shipping issues GF9 has had with the game. Basically the main production order did not get filled on time, but enough copies were made for them to presale copies at GenCon and STLV. Apparently the had some leftover stock from these events which they sent to some retailers. I think (?) the main production batch has finally made it stateside and starting to work its way through to the retailers who did not get the advance copies noted above. Not sure if I have all the details correct; if somebody corrects me I wouldn't doubt their word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Long
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
I was totally waiting for the game to come in to 401 as I checked everyday and would always see like 27 copies. Then I lapsed. Now all of a sudden, nope, all sold out. Frustrating but should have preordered. Apparently Board Game Bliss hasnt gotten their preorders yet so I preordered with them. Heres hoping...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was going through CSI but I found it at my Flgs so I just grabbed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Finally was able to order it today however monday is Canadian thanksgiving....

KHAN!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for Miniature Market... the pain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I've been on pre-order with Coolstuff Inc since the first week in August and they have not heard a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my game from my FLGS last Friday. 50th Anniversary bonuses included too. I just made sure to pre-order early. Saw two other copies behind the counter on reserve as well, but didn't get a chance to see if there were any on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, looks like most people that want Ascendancy don't have the game yet, even though it's officially released. That's surprising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a third option..the one for "I got it 2 months ago at GenCon, and I still havben't gotten to play it." (Sigh)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan David
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
I need a third option..the one for "I got it 2 months ago at GenCon, and I still havben't gotten to play it." (Sigh)

Wanna sell me yours?

Pre-ordered through FunAgainGames. Still waiting. Hoping that my FLGS gets it this week and I cancel my pre-order. (Buy 90% local)

Should have ordered on Amazon last week when I saw it in stock. Horibble hiccup by G9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gotten mine. Was thinking maybe go ahead and get a copy from someplace else, but I wouldn't cancel my pre-order. Instead, I just held on and hoped I'd get my preorder in rather than spend $100 on another copy. Now, as I see the costs starting to go up elsewhere ($107 last I checked, not sure if there are cheap places online to get it), I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this game so badly! Yet I won't cancel my preorder as I'm not going to punish the online seller.

I just want to have an estimate on when I'm getting it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cohenhs wrote:
I've been on pre-order with Coolstuff Inc since the first week in August and they have not heard a thing.

Ditto.

Amazon has it now but at $90.08 (Prime).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fiatkid55 wrote:
cohenhs wrote:

Ditto.

Amazon has it now but at $90.08 (Prime).

We ordered ours from Miniature Market on September 2nd and just got it today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.