Subject: Some good news for UK and EU P500 backers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
There was some discussion on one of the Imperial Struggle threads discussing if GMT would continue shipping EU orders from within the EU to avoid custemers getting hit with customs charges. From what I gather there were a few teething problems, but I've just had my P500 copies of Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? and Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ? delivered via Second Chance Games. Hopefully this means the wrinkles have been ironed out and that this will become the standard, and if that is the case then I'll happily back more titles.

Right, I've got rules to read
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Eden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you order through GMT or second chance games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
P500 through the GMT Games website
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Eden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info very good news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. According to an email from them, they're going to keep doing this, at least for a trial period. Over the moon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mb
Great news.

Can be assumed that would positively affect also Continental Europe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also received my copy of Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ? from Great Britain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you chose a specific delivery option (air/surface) or does it not matter?

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I chose the surface (slow) option, but you've raised a good point. Does anyone know if choosing a faster option means it will get dispatched from GMT Games HQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kvevlander
Sweden
Röbäck
flag msg tools
I'm sort of yellow on the inside. (Missing Japan ...)
badge
Obey the beard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ? and Grand Prix fr.om. P500 the other day through normal air mail with the added €40 for duty, fees, and tax on said fees (damn you PostNord!!!); but, on the other hand I did get Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar (also from P500) via the UK earlier this year. If I don't recollect wrongly, both had USPS AirMail as freight option.

I would gladly wait a few weeks if I knew surface meant shipping through the UK, or in reverse pay a few bucks extra if that means Air freight via the UK. All in all, an official clarification of the unpredictable EU frendlishness of shipping would be fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magu wrote:
All in all, an official clarification of the unpredictable EU frendlishness of shipping would be fantastic!

This is what I'm keen to hear. If anyone from GMT is reading, an official statement that all P500 orders will go via Second Chance Games and avoid the customs processing fees will result in me placing at least three P500 orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that, if they were to make an official announcement in their next newsletter or on their forums, then I too would place several P500 orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's good news for us Europeans at least until the Brexit is official.
Hopefully GMT will clarify the situation as part of their big overhaul.

Legion Games is the only company I can think of doing this right now, and I have to say it makes pushing the pre-order button much easier. I suppose most of us living in Europe have been burned on pre-orders at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nurglepus wrote:
Did you chose a specific delivery option (air/surface) or does it not matter?

I have found it doesn't matter in general. There often seems to be little difference between the slow option and the others. Clearly if GMT are finding an economy in delivering all Euro P500s to Second Chance then they will all arrive at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if it's just P500s, or normal store orders as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OhBollox wrote:
Does anyone know if it's just P500s, or normal store orders as well?

Not sure, this is the closest I've seen to an official statement on the process:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24177293#24177293

Not sure if you can infer anything from that text. Maybe ask Mark @ Second Chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reply I received a week ago from the GMT office:

The only games that are shipping to Second Chance Games are P500 orders. All other orders will be shipped out from our warehouse. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks chaps. Saves me money, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received by e-mail from GMT:

Hi everyone!

This note is to inform and update all of our European customers about the details of the Euro-friendly P500 option that we have been testing with our friends at Second Chance Games in the UK. After months of testing the process, we are now ready to give you official details of how this will work for your P500 orders as we move forward in 2017. Here are the key points:

1. You are eligible to use this Euro-friendly P500 shipping option if your delivery address for P500 orders is anywhere in Europe, including Eastern Europe and Russia. (but see #6 for note to non-EU countries)

2. This program is for P500 orders ONLY. Because it is a bulk processing agreement, we do not currently have the ability to use it for individual non-P500 orders. When we bring our new system online sometime in January, it will include a fast-ship Euro-friendly option for all other orders.

3. Beginning with 2017 P500 shipments, (and hopefully coinciding with our new systems being up and running) you'll need to choose a new shipping option when you make your P500 orders. Choose the "Euro Friendly P500 Orders via SCG -VAT PREPAID to EU" shipping option. If you have existing P500 orders that are scheduled to ship in 2017 or later, please go into your account and update those orders with the new Euro-friendly shipping option. (We can't do this by batch for you guys because we have no way of knowing who will choose to use this option). It is especially urgent that you update your shipping type if you have a P500 order for FIELDS OF DESPAIR, which may well ship in January before our new systems are in place.

4. Note that European shipments using any other shipping type besides this one will be subject to normal VAT and delivery charges when they get to you, as always.

5. Note that this Euro friendly option will cost you more - roughly $7-12 - than our previous surface shipping would have, but all shipping, delivery, and VAT charges to EU countries are prepaid by us. What you pay when we charge a game will be your final landed charge. When you consider what VAT alone would be on a $70 game + shipping, we think this option will save quite a lot for you EU customers overall (with essentially a VAT discount where we are paying part of it and the removal of those annoying delivery charges).

6. For European customers who do not live in an EU country: You ARE still eligible to use this shipping option. Your game will ship from the UK, not the US, so it's likely this will save you on delivery charges - and perhaps Customs and VAT charges. But we can't at this time guarantee any of those savings for any country outside the EU because local laws vary from country to country. So please verify your country's rules and policies regarding VAT and Customs incoming from the UK before you choose this P500 shipping option so you'll know whether you're likely to incur any additional VAT/Customs charges.

We will provide a reminder note to update your account as well as details on our individual (non-P500) order fast shipping option as we approach our new systems launch in January.

I hope this information is helpful, and that this new Euro-friendly option will make P500 ordering easier and less costly for each of you.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

--------------------

Great news for folks this side of the pond, as there is clearly a lot of demand for it. At the same time, I'm personally happy to see that it is optional, as the existing service which delivers through the post has always worked well for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is great. But alas I guess it will be broken if and when Brexit happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.