Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mb
So there is a plan for where to put the dice-stickers.
While sticking the stickers onto the dice I realized that I did 3 or 4 wrong (the players "personal" dice).

Didn't get much into the rules yet, but wanted to ask:

Does this mess up the gameplay?
Should I try to remove the wrong stickers from the dice and put them in the right places?
(I don't think this would stay long).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory it shouldn't matter on any of the dice on which face the stickers are stuck, as long as they are fair dice (which they should be). The player's personal ones make even less difference, as they are never rolled, but rather used to signify a tech-level and get turned by hand.

Don't sweat it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by: You got them wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
What do you mean by: You got them wrong?

I think he's referring to the paper which shows how to sticker only 3 of the 6 sides.

Basically, we're expecting a specific place for numbers on dice. ie: adding 2 sides of a D6 should amount to 7 and I think it's similar on D20 where the sum of the opposite sides is 21.

Ofcourse if the dice are well balanced, this shouldn't matter in the slightest as you have the same chance of showing each side every time you roll. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as all dice show the intended 6 sides I am fine...

With the tech dice I receommend to sticker them all in the same way so you get used to the move you have to do in order to upgrade them one level...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mb
Thanks guys!
I feel better now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided there was enough work in stickering the dice that I wouldn't worry a bit about which sticker going on which side of the dice. Too much work! I don't think it makes any difference at all, though in theory it would be nice to have all tech dice stickered the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it makes a difference in order to avoid searching for the right side of a die. But that is personal taste I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.