Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eva Wild
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi!

I just wanted to ask, I don't have this game yet, but I'm planning on buying it for Christmas. On FF page it says that the game is out of stock. Is it the same as out of print? Maybe someone knows is the game still in print or are there any rumors they will stop printing it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As FFG have just announced another expansion, and the game seems to be doing well still, it's pretty certain that they'll be printing more core games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry. This is a cash cow, so it will get a reprint, probably soon. Watch this page https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Wild
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for information! I will keep my eyes open)))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Wild
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, then I will not panic)))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good choice by the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, i recommend you also get the first expansion "Forsaken Lore" if you can. It adds on the variability in a big way.

Have fun, it's one of my top 3 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a "second edition" be something that could eventually happen? Updated rules and art? Maybe minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt we still see a second edition for a long time as long as the game sells. Arkham Horror is still being reprinted after 10 years and the perception is that EH is at least as good as AH (or better depending who you ask).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Wild
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for a hint. Is it the only expansion you definitely need or there are the others (I know there are many expansions!)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eva_Wild wrote:
Thanks for a hint. Is it the only expansion you definitely need or there are the others (I know there are many expansions!)?

The "Forsaken Lore" expansion brings "more of all.." to the game, allowing for a less repetitive and more immersive experience!

Many of BGG'ers (and me included) think it should have be included in the core box!!

Afterwards, if you really like the resulting gaming experience (it's a hard but really satisfatory game) then you should look at the other expansions.. there are more 2 small box expansions (more stuff...) and 2 + 1 future big box expansions (they bring a new board expansion and again more stuff, mainly related to the corresponding "theme".)

My suggestion... Go for CoreBox + FL. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Frystacky
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Eva have you managed to find it? It seems that it is out of stock here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Parker
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberalien18 wrote:
Eva_Wild wrote:

The "Forsaken Lore" expansion brings "more of all.." to the game, allowing for a less repetitive and more immersive experience!

Many of BGG'ers (and me included) think it should have be included in the core box!!

Afterwards, if you really like the resulting gaming experience (it's a hard but really satisfatory game) then you should look at the other expansions.. there are more 2 small box expansions (more stuff...) and 2 + 1 future big box expansions (they bring a new board expansion and again more stuff, mainly related to the corresponding "theme".)

My suggestion... Go for CoreBox + FL. meeple

I agree with Sergio, you do need FL or you will be seeing the same cards too frequently. My favourite small expansion however is Strange Remnants which packs a lot of value into its small box and adds the all-important Focus mechanic, a simple addition that much improves the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not even awaiting reprint so it could be several months before they are back in stock. If I were looking for a copy I would check ebay frequently. They occasionally have pretty good deals but they don't last long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Parker
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eva_Wild wrote:
Hi!

I just wanted to ask, I don't have this game yet, but I'm planning on buying it for Christmas. On FF page it says that the game is out of stock. Is it the same as out of print? Maybe someone knows is the game still in print or are there any rumors they will stop printing it?

Boardgameshop.eu have it in stock.

http://www.boardgameshop.eu/en/eldritch-horror.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianparker wrote:
Eva_Wild wrote:
Hi!

Boardgameshop.eu have it in stock.

http://www.boardgameshop.eu/en/eldritch-horror.html

http://boardgamegeneral.eu/ too

AND http://adriaensen-speciaalzaak.be/index.php?controller=searc...=

AND http://www.sheepgames.be/index.php?main_page=product_info&cP...

And those are just shops in Belgium.

Also many others in Germany, Holland, UK, France.

In fact the game is almost available everywhere.

You know there is a DIFFERENCE between being out of stock with the publisher and the availability in retail shops and web shops.

Eldritch Horror was already reprinted 4 to 5 times and it will be reprinted at least the next decade, just like Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Bos wrote:

It's not easy to find from U.S. online retailers right now, which is a significant piece of the market. You are certainly correct that it will be reprinted. A new expansion is coming out now, and other expansions are being reprinted, so it's a matter of when, not if - and I have no doubt that it will be 2017, although Q2 is the best we can realistically hope for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Parker
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
Ben_Bos wrote:

It's not easy to find from U.S. online retailers right now, which is a significant piece of the market. You are certainly correct that it will be reprinted. A new expansion is coming out now, and other expansions are being reprinted, so it's a matter of when, not if - and I have no doubt that it will be 2017, although Q2 is the best we can realistically hope for.

Even Coolstuffinc? Those guys usually have it all. And of course the US is one of the most important markets and an innovator and major producer of boardgames.

But the original poster is Finnish which is why I pointed her to a European website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianparker wrote:
Esgaldil wrote:
Ben_Bos wrote:

Even Coolstuffinc? Those guys usually have it all. And of course the US is one of the most important markets and an innovator and major producer of boardgames.

But the original poster is Finnish which is why I pointed her to a European website.

Even CSI - "Out of Stock", while Amazon is asking $132.45.

Your response was, of course, the correct one - we Americans are much worse, in general, about thinking that our neck of the woods is "everywhere".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Parker
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
brianparker wrote:
Esgaldil wrote:
Ben_Bos wrote:

Even CSI - "Out of Stock", while Amazon is asking $132.45.

Your response was, of course, the correct one - we Americans are much worse, in general, about thinking that our neck of the woods is "everywhere".

I get the impression you think I was being sarcastic, I really was not. The post was meant sincerely. I'm so used to Coolstuff having everything that I was just surprised that they wouldn't have such a popular American game in stock. I really wasn't being rude about the US, you make most of my favourite games after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianparker wrote:
I get the impression you think I was being sarcastic, I really was not. The post was meant sincerely. I'm so used to Coolstuff having everything that I was just surprised that they wouldn't have such a popular American game in stock. I really wasn't being rude about the US, you make most of my favourite games after all.

Not at all - I was answering the question directly. I generally take questions at face value and answer as simply as possible, to the point where I suspect I belong "on the spectrum" of autism, as people say these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Parker
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
brianparker wrote:

Not at all - I was answering the question directly. I generally take questions at face value and answer as simply as possible, to the point where I suspect I belong "on the spectrum" of autism, as people say these days.

Ok then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burton
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I agree that Strange Remnants is the best Expansion. When using SR I put all the SR cards at the top of the piles and in the Mythos Deck. You can tell which are the SR expansion cards by the SR icon in the lower left corner of the cards.

When I play the game w/o the SR expansion I remove all the SR cards.

I think it is a no-brainer that EH will be reprinted. I would love to see minis, especially of the monsters.

I strongly recommend buying the SR expansion since it is less likely it will be reprinted when it is out-of-stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Wild
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now it is avaible in Finland) It was hard to get before and after Christmas (was sold out everywhere). Also the price has risen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.