Subject: Haven rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Haven

Prologue

They didn't have names, for they had no language, but they would be known as Adam, Eve, Cain and Lilith. They were the four that fought the lion. They fought hard, Cain striking off the beasts foot with his stone, and the others raining blows against its flank. However the beast fought back battering Cain and wounding his head, sending him sprawling. It then turned its attention on Adam and this time it's blow stuck true, removing Adam's head from his shoulders.

Eventually the survivors prevailed and Lilith crushed its threat with her stone.

The remaining survivors looked upon the dead beast and feasted upon its flesh. However they did not eat of Adam, for he was not beast. They picked up the remains and also Adams unmoving body and began to wonder. After some time had passed they came across a light and moved towards it. There they found one hand and 1 worth of others. Together they found peace under the light of the lantern hoard.

Eve spoke a word, the first word and quickly taught the others many other words. Before sitting before the lantern hoard, contemplating life and existence, wondering where Adam, the first to awake, was and if he would return.

The survivors worked hard and built many structures, they also crafted an axe from the beasts bones and some clothing from its skin.

Cain taught the others how to fight hard and act more often without becoming tired.

YEar 1

Cain and Lilith lead a hunt, showing the others that beasts were to be preyed in and not feared. They took with them Hera and Hector. Hector was giving the axe and rawhide coverings.

As they hunted a lion-beast they came across a strange statue with a vomit pool in front of it. They all gathered what they could. As they progressed further they came across a salvia pool and strange golden grass and had nightmares, but they pressed on. Hector, Hera and Cain learned how to explore and Cain learned how to be prepared for future hunts.

When they found the lion-beast, Hector and Cain stood in some long grass in front of it, whilst Lilith and Hera flanked it.

The lion was vicious and landed many a blow in Cain, despite his nearly learnt evasion and the long grass. Hector stepped in and shielded his mentor whilst the Moran moved in to attack from the rear.

The lion, however, had decided that Cain was its main threat and grabbed him, running off to a dark confined, disembowelling him. However it's energy was spent and the remaining survivors soon killed the beast, stripping its frame of useful resources, before helping Cain back to the lantern hoard.

In the way back Cain fell into a patch of darkness and came out a woman. She also decided that she should be the headline in any battle, whilst Lilith struggled heroically with her partner no longer being able to be a partner.

As they returned the survivors heard strange screams, Eve tried to explain that it was just weak prey-beasts, but the returning survivors were unnerved by the noise.
Back at the settlement the survivors built their own statue, imitating the lion statue they saw, believing that it would strengthen them. They then crafted a bow and axe from the bones of the lion, before finishing the rawhide clothing set, with pants and boots.

As the night closed in Cain and Hector shared a drink made from monster juices and Cain gave birth to a precious girl, named born without ink.

Scribes notes: not sure if I played first death correctly. Wasn't sure if I should get 3 or 5 endeavour, so I rolled for it and got 5.

The first lantern year was eventful, with 4 resources in the hunt phase, plus a bucket load of courage and understanding. I had to house rule on salvia pool as it has less than and more than results, but not equal to, so I said equal to or less than resulted in nothing.

I am worried that I am going to lose Cain. In both fights he has suffered serious injuries, destroyed tooth and disembowelled. On top of that he is at 1 accuracy, 3 strength, 3 evasion, 1 luck and 3 courage and understanding at two hunt Xp.

My major worry is that I have no survival regeneration for the settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Year 2
The hunters left to slay another lion-beast, they quickly found their prey and set about it. Cain tore ta hand and a foot from the creature, increasing his tally to three and gaining the nickname hand hater.

On the way back to the settlement Cain and Lilith started arguing, Lilith resentment of losing her mate finally coming to the surface. They argued and argued and continued to argue for many days. The rest of the settlement decide to leave them to it and prepare another hunt.

Mean while eve discovers ammonia

Year 3
This years hunt was without the most experienced two survivors, however they were not worried, for Hector and Hera had hunted with Lilith and Cain and they took with them born without ink and Apollo, children of the great hunters.

As they tracked another lion the hunters found another lion statue and whilst gazing upon it the lion stalked them. However it was not able to sneak up upon them and ambush them.

During the showdown Apollo decided to pick a flower and felt lucky, until he was badly mauled by the lion. However the hunters had remembered Cain's instructions and struck at the beasts feet, slowing it down. In return it roared and roared, sending the survivors insane.

Eventually the survivors prevailed and slew the beast.

In the way back to the settlement, Apollo and Born without ink took up their parents argument. However theirs became productive and they both learnt how to tinker

Back at the settlement the survivors used the resources to build a weapons smith and a zambanto. Apollo and born without ink forgot their earlier argument and mated bringing a pair of twins into the world.

Scribes note: terrifying roar is annoying, terrifying roar as the last card on a -3 movement lion is very annoying.

Year 4
A hulking stranger walked towards the survivors settlement, it's every movement seething with hatred. Cain, Lilith Hera and Hector strode out to meet this nemesis.

The battle initially went well. With Cain distracting the beast-man, whilst Hera hamstrung it with her claw headed arrow. However it soon swapped targets from the elusive Cain and blow after blow fell upon the other survivors. During these attacks Hera learnt how to deliver a serous of devastating attacks, after surviving a rain of blows from the monster.

Cain managed to regain the monsters attention, and lost an eye for the effort. When he was about to deliver a return blow, Lilith told him to wait, to distract the beast until the right time. He ducks and weaves dodging a dozen blows, until Lilith shouts,"Hector, now!" As Cain wonders upon these words, Hector strikes the beast from behind, cutting its' head from its body.

The victors return to the settlement and Cain, getting use to his lack of eye, bumps into the lantern hoard, causing a lantern to fall to the ground and catch fire. She declares herself the settlements leader, whilst Lilith dances through the flames. An event that the settlement decides should happen again.

As the settlement celebrates a hooded figure walks into their camp. Survivors ready their weapons, however they are not needed, as the stranger throws a wrapped parcel at hera's feet and leaves

Scribes note: long grass +3 evasion + rawhide evasion = easier butcher fight, until he decides to target the furthest survivor.

Year 5
The experienced hunters decided to hunt together one last time before allowing the new generation to take over, mostly because they wanted to see what Hera's new sword did.

As they left the camp they found a small lion-beast and killed it, causing the small beasts father to arrive.

The survivors worked well as a team, each taking a turn to strike at the beast weakening and killing it with ease.

On the way back to the settlement a dark trader approached them with strange wares, which they ignored. As they got closer, they realised that something was wrong. As they entered the settlement a scene of carnage met them. Dead lay everywhere, survivors spoke of strange ged armoured men with glowing halberd striding through the settlement, killing any who got in their way.

The surviving survivors buried their dead and crafted new weapons to fight these new monsters.

Resouc s were burnt as offerings to the lantern hoard and in the fumes the survivors mated, to defeat their fears and to repopulate. Four strong males were born

Scribes notes: I screwed up the breeding. I didn't check who was parents as such:
Hector and his daughter had twins
Apollo mated with both of his twin daughter, Phoebe and Demeter

I'm starting to think recording parents is a bad idea. There again the targaryens did this sort of thing and nothing bad happened.

I also need to start working on a B team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer your footnote at the end of year 1; you should not get your death principle benefits for your first death. So it should have been 3 endeavors. See the KD:M FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Epidemius wrote:
To answer your footnote at the end of year 1; you should not get your death principle benefits for your first death. So it should have been 3 endeavors. See the KD:M FAQ.

Thanks for the rules feedback, I fond the ruling later.

It hasn't drastically affected the game.

I didn't use the skinnary in lantern year 1 and in lantern year 2 I had a spare endeavour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:

Scribes notes: I screwed up the breeding. I didn't check who was parents as such:

I'm starting to think recording parents is a bad idea. There again the targaryens did this sort of thing and nothing bad happened.

Nothing bad except the 'mad King'. Also Cersei and Jamie... their son was Joffrey!yuk

Other than that I see nothing wrong with that

I enjoyed reading this report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Years 6-8

Concerned by the actions of the armoured strangers the survivors decided not to hunt the white lions for a while, believing that the strangers were guarding the creatures. Instead they turned their attention to the screaming beast.

Hera took part in two of the hunts, learning how to wield her new sword, whilst Cain continued to hone his stills with his fists. Getting to the point where he could dismember an antelope beast whilst it was still alive.

Scribes note. Deadly, plus one luck and a luck stone results in animal cruelty as Cain took 4 resources from one antelope.

The settlement decided not to breed more, worried that they might attract unwanted attention. Instead they learnt how to fashion armour from the antelope beasts skin and swords from discarded lanterns.

Whilst returning from the ninth years hunt, Cain took a detour to the burial ground. There he found Adams grave and ate what remained of his brains.

Year 9
An armoured stranger was spotted near the settlement. This time alone, without friends. Cain decided action was needed and gathered the nearest survivors to him to take out this monster.

Lilith took up her bow.
Born without ink(daughter of Cain), insane, covered herself in beast blood and took up the two scrap swords.
Hades (grand son of Lilith and great grand son of Cain) took up his zanbato.

Both born without ink and hades were inexperienced, but they knew the blood of greatness flowed in their vains.

Cain lead the charge. Her reflexes horned by years of experience. The armoured beast was unable to land any of its blows.

Lilith and born without ink both provided support, their attacks distracting the beast, allowing Cain and hades to land blows with fist and sword.

As the battle wore on the survivors began to suffer cuts and wounds born without ink had one of her legs broken and hades only just avoided a shower of acid from the beasts wounded torso, thanks to his shield.

After an age, they had all but defeat the armoured beast. It's move had become sluggish and repeatable, and Cain taunted it, dancing from blow after blow, until Lilith put an arrow through its skull, dropping the beast.

As they celebrated their success, Lilith screamed in pain as her head twisted and contorted. Until it resembled that of the beast they had just slain. As they walked back to the settlement Cain began to worry about what had happened to Lilith. maybe it was like plague from two years before, that had claimed Apollo . Maybe, if it wasn't dealt with soon it would claim them all. She decided to take action, and grabbing a nearby rock, smashed Lilith in the head. Again and again, until she stopped moving.

The settlement was shocked. Never before had one of them killed another. Cain explained her reasoning, and they began to understand, nominating her as leader. Due to her insight and knowledge.

However the settlement was saddened, Lilith was one of the founding three. So Cain and eve gathered them around the lantern hoard and told stores of the early years of the settlement and the victories they had seen. As they talked a stranger arrived and offered to tell a tail of their own Her tale enraptured the survivors and held them in its spell. They didn't know when it ended. Only that hours later it had ended and she and Deadalus were gone, all that remained was a mask of human skin.

Scribes note: Cain getting skull eater was bad. I hadn't made much progress for my b team. This meant someone important was going to die. Lilith had 3 hunts before she was a bow master. Knowing this I set her up to kill the kingsman. A hard feat with only strength 4. But Cain was rocking 5 evasion so could keep the kingsman busy all day.

5 endeavour gave me an armour shrine roll and two attempts at story telling, never had the innovation before. Whilst rolling I saw the possible result and decided, never again. Too much chance of hurting my survivors.

Also here is hades' family tree
Hades
Mother Demeter
Father Apollo

Apollo's father Aegaeon, mother Lilith

Demeter's father Apollo, mother born without ink

Born without ink's father Hector, mother Cain

That's right Apollo is hades father and grand father.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
Slaaneth wrote:

Nothing bad except the 'mad King'. Also Cersei and Jamie... their son was Joffrey!yuk

Other than that I see nothing wrong with that

I enjoyed reading this report!

Thanks

From your analysis I see I am doing nothing wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.